Any women out there that had success with IF?

Options
Anyone??? Has IF helped you to to lose weight without counting calories in an app???

Replies

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No :( I have to count calories as well as I have recently discovered my ideas about portions are, erm....unrealistic.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It really does help because you save yourself any calories that you would usually eat in the morning. You can still use the app to make sure you are in a deficit but IF makes it easier to estimate
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do a low carb lifestyle. I plateaued for a few weeks and adopted 16:8. Back to dropping 1-2 lb a week. It helped me so much because I was a night time snacker. I do find some days that I don't eat enough because I am actually full.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    To the OP, if you open your request to include men, I’ll chime in and share my positive experiences.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Femilaxx1 wrote: »
    Anyone??? Has IF helped you to to lose weight without counting calories in an app???

IF worked great for me and I found it enjoyable while I was following it. But I still had to log my food.
  • endingtheviciouscycle
    Options
    Do not try IF if you have ANY past history of binge eating. I fell into a vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting when I did IF.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,340 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 IF and keto ....Works well for me :)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    I periodically do the 16:8 method but I personally didn't see any lasting results, which is why I'm thinking about switching to omad.

If you're not weighing and tracking your calories no way of eating - be it IF, OMAD or any other - is going to give you lasting results.