Hi everyone, looking for support here...

amandahunter01
amandahunter01 Posts: 1
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, thought I would introduce myself and see if anyone would like to become a dieting buddy with me. I'm 24 and from Scotland and I weigh 13stone 1 pound. That puts me into the obese catagory for my 5ft 1inch frame unfortunately. I am looking to get down to 9st 7pounds if I'm being realistic. I have always been on the larger side, but I feel as though I'm suffocating just now. I am completely new to this site, but feel it might be helpful in losing weight. Anyone here need to lose around 50 pounds too?

Replies

• MrsJimbo
    MrsJimbo Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Amanda,

I've not been on here very long either. I started at 14 stone and initially want to get down to 12, then I'll decide where to go from there depending on how I feel!

I've added you, maybe we can encourage each other!

:)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Hi there...hoping you get lots of support!!
    This site has been great for me...if you don't get any friends closer to your age and goals feel free to add me! I'm a champion nagging mum!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Hi there i'm about the same height and have about the same to lose - or did when I started. I've added you. :)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Hi Amanda, I've actually got about another 100lbs still to lose! But i've already lost 50lbs so its not impossible! Just try your hardest and don't give up even when you have a bad day, just get back up and start again!!!! Good luck!
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Please feel free to add me, I've lost 71 lbs so far, weigh in for me today and hoping to go over the 5 stone lost mark. Good luck everyone xx
  • AngelAnne666
    AngelAnne666 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi Amanda, i'm the same age as you and have lost 56 pounds with 28 pounds to go :smile: I log my food daily and my diary is open to my friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Hi everyone...

Joined a few days ago, been struggling to lose weight for nearly a year now, weigh 13 stone and my weight just seems to keep going up and up! Any support and tips anyone can offer me would be great :smile: xxxx
  • jacqueline1202
    jacqueline1202 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Amanda,

I'm also in Scotland!

I have a similar goal to you. I want to lose 54 lbs. I lost 5 lbs in my first week of MFP - yay!

I've been addicted to MFP since joining less than 2 weeks ago, logging your intake is so easy and helps keep you on track.

You get great support & inspiration on here.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.
This discussion has been closed.