Tell me what your thoughts are on this....

Options
Morning everyone,

Hope it's all going well for you! Sadly I've not been able to exercise much since last week due to having a poorly eye (burst blood vessel, eye strain and contact lens damage - very painful). However, I have noticed that I have lost weight this week despite eating around the same amount. Only difference is, I've not went swimming, nor have I done my Body Pump class and cardio session. Has anyone else experienced this?

x

Replies

• mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes I have experienced losses on a week with no cardio. The muscles hold water whilst exercising hence no heavy muscle use no extra stored water. Having said that it is important to drink water whilst exercising.
    I have also noticed I can weigh as much as half a lb heavier after a bath maybe our bodys soak up water a bit maybe this happens at swimming. Just a thought.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Happens to me often! You should lose weight, even without exercise, provided you don't exceed your calories. Exercise will of course get you in shape as well as help you lose weight, so try to do a bit until you're fully fit.
  • Dashal
    Dashal Posts: 13
    Options
    Agree with russelljclarke and also everyone's body is different. I have found there to be a delay in how your body reacts to exercise and food intake. When I first upped my cardio regime from my standard couple of times a week to 4-5 it took a couple of weeks delay before I noticed a difference.

Also injuries cause the body to use up more energy to repair itself x
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for comments guys! I've missed going to be honest but it's been good getting some rest - eye has been killing me and with the headaches, I've just felt a bit wiped out! I gotta lay off swimming for a week or so, so going to go to my yoga class tonight as I usually feel a lot better in myself for going and it chills me out, ready for the weekend :)
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Muscle burns fat. When you build up muscle, your muscle need fuel. You are loosing weight due to the hunger of your developed muscles.