What are your favorite fruits and vegetables?

Options
HollyTsiaussis
HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
I love all fruits and vegetables, and I'm always open to trying new ones. My top three favorite fruits would be watermelon, pineapple, and pears. My top three favorite vegetables would be asparagus, broccoli rabe, and sweet potatoes. How about you guys?

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Recently tried kiwis, on good advice, and they're pretty nice. Veg would have to be carrots.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I will eat most any fruit and veg really apart from aubergine(eggplant?) and celery. Not keen on any kind of melons either:indifferent: but love pineapples, rhubarb and strawberries in particular, and mushroom, brocolli and raw carrots.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    favourite fruits are peaches, plums and bananas, my 3 favourite veg are sprouts, green beans and potatoes
  • ursy87
    Options
    Recently tried kiwis, on good advice, and they're pretty nice. Veg would have to be carrots.

Oh I forgot, I dont like them either:laugh:
  • luv2runsgf
    Options
    I love almost all vegis and fruits (cannot say I love okra) too -
    Fave 3 fruits - raspberries, pineapple, mango
    Fave 3 vegetables - asparagus, peas, peppers
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ooh, mushrooms, forgot those! Yum!!

I don't like aubergine either.

Keep your water intake up if you're eating rhubarb as it can bring on kidney stones (which I know to my painful cost!)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I can eat suger-snaps peas and mangetout until the cows come home. Really easy to grow as well!!! It's been lovely to come home of an evening and snack on a few of these while I water the garden.
  • oliviaforever
    oliviaforever Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love apples and Filipino mangos. My favourite veggie would have to be carrots (although I love mashed potatoes, but I don't think that's healthy considering how much butter is put into it).
  • Mucky_Duck
    Options
    Eek... it's like being asked to choose between children.

Fruit: Watermelon, Figs, Persimmons, Tomatoes
    Vege: Butternut Squash, Mushrooms, Cucumber, Broccoli

I like eggplant too! =P
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Fruit : Any berries, Mango, Papaya
    Vegetables : Artichokes, Beetroot, Mushrooms
  • ursy87
    Options

Keep your water intake up if you're eating rhubarb as it can bring on kidney stones (which I know to my painful cost!)

Thanks! Although its a favourite,I do limit it as my MOST favourite thing to do is stewed with custard :laugh: Thats a treat, but I do love it with greek yoghurt:love:
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fruit and veg! Fave fruit is probably any berry, peaches and bananas, fave veg sweet potato, peppers and sugarsnap peas. Nyom!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a real sweet tooth so I love fruits.. def more than veggies. Strawberries, mango, grapes & watermelon. I recently learned that corn is a fruit (always thought of it as a veggie) so I'd add that too lol =P

I still try to get at least 2 - 3 servings of veggies but I usually need some sort of dressing or dip with them but I'd say carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach & peas.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    apples apples apples.

mangosteen is heaven (preferably on a beach in Thailand)

I don't like watermelon. I don't see the point in celery (I had some in my veg box and am cutting it up REALLY small to put in chilli so i don't know it's there)

anything fresh and in season. Plus gooseberries. Anytime, preferably with not a lot of sugar.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Favorite fruit: pineapple
    Favorite vegetable: cucumber
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, Pineapple, Kiwis and Pomegranate seeds are my top fruits..

Veggies have to be Courgette, Green beans, Broccoil and spinach.

I also cannot live without red onion, rocket leaves, peppers (all colours), radishes and cucumber.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love pineapple :) On veggie side I like carrots a lot. One of my favorite drinks is pineapple-carrot juice (or orange-carrot juice) :)
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    I love almost all fruits! My favorites are bananas, apples, grapes, watermelon, peaches, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries... As for vegtables, that's where I am picky. My all-time favorite is broccoli, other than that I like asparagus, carrots and corn.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    There's so many!

fruits: Apples, bananas, melon, kiwi, strawberries, grapes
    Veggies: turnip, parsnip, carrot, peas

I'm not a fan of sweetcorn, cauliflower or brocolli, and I'm allergic to mushrooms!
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    Strawberries, nectarines and blueberries. Brussels sprouts, broccoli and raw red pepper.