Any yummy (And HEALTHY!) dersert recipies?!?!

CeCe_DuB
CeCe_DuB Posts: 6
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
I LOVE sweets, and mostly chocolate, and I heard that eating a couple squares of 70%-80% natural coco is good for you, but I would never trust just having chocolate EVERY day. So if you have any recipies, PLEASE SHARE!! And post some pics if you can :) THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• Hi

Yeah I like having apples and double cream. which, I know sounds disgusting but is actually really nice and it is only 211 calories so if you are looking for something naughty have that! you could even add chocolate sauce or some chocolate with it!

Enjoy!!!!!!
    Jade
    XXXXX
  • mia104
    mia104 Posts: 10 Member
    Hiya
    Why not try mixing Low fat fruited yogurt into No added sugar jelly
    ( like the raspberry yougurt with raspberry jeljy myself )
    If you add the yougurt whislt the jelly is still in liquid form and then let it set in the fridge it sets the yogurt too making for a delicious desert that is brilliantly low in calories and tastes great

XMX
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Skinny cow ice cream!
  • Hi there, I love sweets too so I understand you completely! On my blog positivelybeauty.com I have a few recipes for "healthier" desserts with not so many calories; try the coconut carob truffles (32 calories each), the cherry cashew mousse (356 per portion), banana almond cake (about 170 calories for slice, makes 18 slices), granola tahini bars (150 calories each).
    Try also my 5 easy & healthy treats (like dates with almond butter, yum!); my last discovery is 1 tablespoon of tahini mixed with some agave syrup and a couple of teaspoons of water - my healthy caramel!!!
    Good luck :)
  • oliviaforever
    oliviaforever Posts: 36 Member
    I'll give you 2 recipes!!

First:
    These are muffins. I've made them before, and they're delicious! And really healthy ;)

Ingredients:
    2 cups fresh mashed banana
    3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
    3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
    1 cup Old-fashioned Oats
    1 cup Skim Milk
    1/2 cup Brown Sugar
    1/2 cup applesauce
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Baking Soda
    1 tsp Vanilla Essence
    1/2 tsp Salt

Directions:
    Combine the dry ingredients together (the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt). In another bowl combine together the milk, applesauce, vanilla essence and mashed bananas. You can replace the applesauce with oil. Finally combine the liquid and dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Over stirring will result in hard muffins. Line the muffin pan with muffin cups. Grease them if you need to. Pour evenly, to about 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.

These are really great for breakfast or a snack. You can also freeze them, then pop one in the microwave and it will be moist and fresh as if you just made it. :)

I don't know the nutritional info for this one. Sorry....

Second:
    This one is ice creaaam! And peanut butter cups! :)

For the ice cream:
    5 egg whites
    1 scoop whey protein powder, flavor of your choice
    1-2 packets of artificial sweetener

For the peanut butter cups:
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1-2 packets artificial sweetener
    4 oz water

Directions:
    1.) For the ice cream, place the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Use a handheld electric mixer to beat them into stiff peaks. Fold in the whey. Add sweetener to taste. Freeze for at least 1 hour (longer if you have time).
    2.) Meanwhile, make the peanut butter cups by blending all the ingredients together in a blender.
    3.) Divide the peanut butter mixture into round muffin tins (or for something more creative, a rubber "tin" with a shape. When I made these, I made mine heart shaped), filling them about 3/4 full. Place filled muffin tin in freezer and let freeze for about an hour or until firm.
    4.) When ready to eat, scoop ice cream into a bowl and top with two peanut butter cups.

Nutritional info (per serving):
    Calories: 210
    Total Fat: 6 g
    Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
    Carbohydrates: 10 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1 g
    Sugars: 4 g
    Protein: 31 g

Makes 2 servings.

Hope you enjoy these :D
  • oliviaforever
    oliviaforever Posts: 36 Member
    Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed you said you like chocolate! I've had this recipe for a while, so I'll give it to you! :)

These are brownies, by the way!

2/3 cup artificial sweetener
    1/3 cup cocoa
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/3 cup whole wheat flour
    1 egg
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup low fat plain yogurt (you can substitute 1/4 light or fat free sour creme, or fat free yogurt).

DIRECTIONS
    Beat the artificial sweetener and applesauce until smooth. Mix in egg, yogurt, and vanilla. Then mix the cocoa, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and add to wet ingredients. Mix until just blended. Bake in an 8x8 baking pan at 350 F for 15 minutes.

Nutritional info (per serving):
    Calories: 26
    Total Fat: 7 g
    Fiber: .9 g
    Protein: 1.3 g

Makes 16 small brownies.
  • Thank you all so much! I will have to try all of these! They sound great and thanks for all your help!! :)
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Saw this one on the board yesterday. Plan on making them next week

Almost Good For You Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies

Yields 12

Ingredients

9 reduced fat graham cracker squares, crushed finely
    2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
    1 cup 1% milk OR unsweetened soy milk
    ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    1 (1.4 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
    2 cups light or fat-free Cool Whip
    Additional Cool Whip or Redi-Whip for serving

How to make it

Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
    In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine.
    Press crumb mixture into bottom of lined muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon of crumbs per muffin cup).
    Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes; remove pan from oven and cool completely before filling.
    In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and milk together on low speed.
    Add the pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
    Fold in the Cool Whip; spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
    Freeze for several hours or overnight.
    To serve, remove fluffs from freezer, peel off liner and let stand at room temperature to soften slightly, about 5 minutes, and top with a tablespoon of Light or Fat Free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip.

NOTE: For a change in flavor, use vanilla pudding in place of the chocolate pudding -
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    I've heard Arctic Ice Cream is really good but I've never tried it myself. It's only 150cal for a whole pint and it's loaded with protein without any artificial sugars. :) It's only sold at selective stores (Whole Foods and the like) but if you have a sweet tooth this summer, you should give it a try! I originally heard about through Hungry Girl.com

http://www.myarcticzero.com/
This discussion has been closed.