Back and losing slowly

Options
Hey! I’m Christina and I’m 31. I’m on MFP to stay this time, i swear! My goal is to lose 80 pounds (9.5 so far!) and it has not been easy.

We all have our motives. I wanna be healthy. I’ve never been so happy in my life- between my partner, my son, our life. I just want to be here as long as possible with them, maybe get rid of some aches and pains!

I’m down to chat and give motivation. I’ve been doing 1650 calories with some decent hit, weights, swimming a few times a week. The weight is coming off very slowly. Anyone ever try Alli? I am considering trying it.

Have an amazing weekend!
Xoxo gossip girl .
Just kidding 😂😘

Replies

• dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My sister has and she didn't like it. But I am considering as well. You need to eat low fat as it blocks fat absorption so what ever fat there is comes out the other end. She did not like it because she had times where she had to use the restroom then and felt she wouldn't be able to hold it.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I used Alli back in the day and lost 35 pounds on it but right after I stopped taking it I gained 50 pounds back. I noticed it kicked up my heart rate. I found eating in moderation and good logging has helped me. I have lost 70 already post weightloss surgery last October. If anyone wants to be friends send me a request.
  • MeganSKMA
    MeganSKMA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 37-year-old mom of three. I've been on here for a little over a month now, and I am always looking to add new folks. My weight is coming off slowly, but I figure slow is best in the long run. Add me if you are looking for friends!
  • priara31
    priara31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take any diet pills of any sort. The point of MFP is to learn good, healthy eating habits and to lose weight the "hard" way, because it is in that, that we will learn what works for us and what doesn't. I've come across so many success stories of people who lost weight, but took them a couple of years. And studies have shown that the longer it takes you to lose the weight, the more successful you are in the long run on keeping it off. Fast and quick is not always the best.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    don't to alli. It just allows some of the fat you eat to pass, but can create a mess if you eat too much fat... Not to mention fat is healthy and essential. much better to just eat fewer calories. Not getting enough fat can lead to some vitamins and minerals not be absorbed, weak nails, dull hair, dry skin, constipation, etc.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9.5 pounds in how long? If it's since you joined MFP about a month ago, that's actually a pretty fast rate of weight loss.

For best health outcomes - and possibly for the ability to sustain the process long enough to lose a good bit of weight, not to mention keeping good appearance, 1-2 pounds a week is kind of ideal (and 2 pounds a week would be too fast for most people under 200 pounds, plus for some tall people above 200).

Don't be misled by the ultra-fast loss you see on reality TV shows, or see advertised by clickbait web sites or tabloids! Undereating can cause hair loss, bad nails, gallstones, unnecessary loss of muscle, and more.

It took me just a bit less than a year to lose 50 pounds, and I'm still at a healthy weight nearly 3 years after reaching that loss. Slower is more do-able, and helps keep you healthy.

Best wishes!