Calories

Options
Would you suggest to eat all your daily calories? I'm not using them all will this effect my weight loss? . My goal is to lose 2lb a week. I'm frightened to eat them all too incase I gain. Thanks x

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If MFP set up a 2 pound a week deficit then eat the calories MFP has recommended. You won't gain weight unless you aren't logging correctly (logging everything you consume with correct entries).
  • ximenavictoriaxo
    ximenavictoriaxo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat my entire calories but come very close to it. Honestly if you have days where you don't meet your daily calories and then have days where you eat a little over your daily calories, it will balance itself out. MFP has me on 1200 daily calories because I'm also in the 2lb a week setting, it's very challenging honestly but you got this!
  • Nickynoodle2379
    Nickynoodle2379 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you. 👍
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat all of your calories. Make sure you're weighing your food with a food scale and logging it correctly, otherwise you might accidentally eat more than you think.
    Your weight will fluctuate as you lose, it's totally normal, so if you go up a pound (or 3) in a day, don't worry about it or start eating less. Over time your weight will go down. <3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,702 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat then all, you risk undereating, which is risky to health. Also, undereating can make you weak/fatigued so cause you to do less/rest more, thus burn fewer calories in daily life (which is counterproductive to weight loss).

Two pounds a week, in itself, could be too fast a weight loss target if you're under 200 pounds. (Don't believe anything you see on reality TV weight loss shows.)

If you have enough weight to lose to make 2 pounds weekly appropriate, MFP will have given you a calorie goal 1000 calories below what's needed to maintain your current weight. If you're tracking accurately, and set up MFP correctly, you won't gain by hitting your goal . . . you won't even gain if you exceed it by a little.
  • Nickynoodle2379
    Nickynoodle2379 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have about 10st to lose x