Options
ercarta
ercarta Posts: 74 Member
edited April 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Breakfast: Flan w/ coffee light & sweet

Lunch: Frappuccino w/ cake pops

Dinner: Deli meats with melted cheese on a roll and an OceanSpray drink

Supper: Beef lo mein w/ a Coke

So long as I stay under my caloric allowance I’m good to go, right?

What say you?

Eric

Replies

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Have there been any indicators that you may have or are heading towards, issues with insulin management ? If all okay on that front and you are low risk, as above, regarding nutrition and satiety, you would probably feel better for some changes.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ercarta wrote: »

What say you?

Agree with this:
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Equal in terms of energy, yes. But nutrition and satiety, no.

And because of this you will (probably) lose weight, for a week or so ...
    ... and then get it all back because of a massive binge-attack

The whole point of this (MFP-) system is to make staying in deficit as easy as possible.
    Your diet makes it hard as hell to go beyond day three ... not even trying to think of years ...
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'd work some good proteins and fiber in for satiety otherwise you'll be starving by 9 or 10pm!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I’m giving this a 2, inadequate fuel for a man your size both current and goal weight.

And, I detect a sweet tooth. Based on another post where you ask about cinnamon, do you have pre-diabetes issues?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You will lose the same amount of weight, but if you don't get enough protein a larger % of your loss may come from muscle.
    Not to meniton, you may become malnourished if you don't get enough vitamins and minerals, and could have a lack of energy.

So for weight loss yes a calorie is a calorie, but for healthy, you should also try to hit minimum macros (fat and protein) and micros (vitamins and minerals)
  • ercarta
    ercarta Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I’m giving this a 2, inadequate fuel for a man your size both current and goal weight.

And, I detect a sweet tooth. Based on another post where you ask about cinnamon, do you have pre-diabetes issues?

@pierinifitness no pre-diabetes here man. Asking the questions and reading through the responses keeps me on a war-footing is all. When I start getting all lax about my diet, these are the things I'll be thinking about. Just recorded another 2lb loss this morning and my energy is up. All is good in the 'hood currently. :-)

Regarding the cinnamon tea, I've been making it and while it tastes great not sure about the health benefits. I've even read in "large" quantities can be toxic due to the coumarin content. Wanted to know if anyone had tried it and had any experiences to share there.

Eric
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting, this looks fine. Energy-wise, calories are indeed equal, and if you don't want to change too much too soon it's completely understandable and commendable to do exactly what you're doing.

As you progress, however, things may start to change. You may start feeling hungrier, so you will find yourself eating fewer calorie dense options than usual, without even meaning to, just because subsisting on flan and cake pops is no longer sustainable within calories.

As dieting becomes less exciting, you may also find yourself caring about other things, like nutrition, and may want to start introducing more nutrient dense options. Muscle mass could become a concern because you don't want to look fatter at your goal weight, so you could start watching your protein. There is a whole world of possibilities between being obsessively restrictive and being completely uninterested in health.

So back to the question, are all calories equal. Yep. Are all foods equal? Not really. Do you need to obsess about nutrients in every morsel? Of course not. Is it a good idea to take nutrients in your overall diet into consideration? Of course!

This is very wise.

You're doing great, keep it up.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Equal in terms of energy, yes. But nutrition and satiety, no.

AMEN!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    It actually sounds like a lot of calories regardless...and the salt from the lo mein and prepared meats would make you retain water