I am new to this site, as of today. I am looking for support

CT1960
CT1960 Posts: 4
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
:smile: Hi everyone. A friend of mine recommended this site today, so I want to say hello, we can't do this on our own, can we? We need support. Not sure where to start, but I am 51, and don't really look it. However, my body looks a lot older, and I am a bit low because I have a knee injury - nothing serious or permanent, but I am having to rest it, therefore am housebound.
The one thing I hate about being fat are peopels' assumptions about weight. I am always busy (therefore being housebound is driving me mad), I am in the middle of a second Degree course (therefore not stupid), and I eat more healthily than my thinner counterparts. I do believe my weight has held me back in my career as a teacher, but I take great consolation in the fact that I am married to a man who loves me for who I am, as I am. He is supportive of my endeavor to lose weight, because I want to do it.

Replies

• Hi there, I'm 50 and you have come to the right place for help and support, I have found it a brilliant addition to my new healthy lifestyle and have lost 20 lbs to date and I truly believe I wouldn't have had this level of success without MFP. Am happy to add you :-D
  • CT1960
    CT1960 Posts: 4
    Well done! I'm so pleased for you! Thanks for adding me, that would be fabulous. What was your motivation to join?
This discussion has been closed.