Stuck, looking for support

Options
Hi everyone,

My name's Kat, I've always been larger for my age and height than I should be, but earlier this year I reached my heaviest weight and at 103kgs I decided it was time to start dieting and exercising. I lost some weight and then stalled. A couple of months ago I found the myfitnesspal app and that got me calorie counting. I've lost a little more and now swing back and forth between 93.5 - 95 kgs. I'm getting to the stage where the buzz of losing just under 10kgs has worn off.

Looking for support. Age 31, height 5ft 6 (168cm) lowest weight in the last ten years: 72kgs. My target is between 68-72kgs.

Kat

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You are at my heaviest.
    I added walking, cut out junk food and then portioned my food.
    I am down to 74-75 kilos and i wish you luck!
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kat, I feel you. It's the same with me. I lost 10 kilograms last year and gained it back. I am determent to get rid of 20 kilograms! :)

Congrats Lesley, that's brilliant!
  • we all hit a brick wall eventually. you need to try something different. SHOCK YOUR BODY. fitness pal is a great tool because you can track everything you eat. make sure you record everything. even if your ashamed to put it in your diary, that way you can see where your going wrong. it may be something simple as swaping things. add me as a friend if you like happy to give my support and thoughts anytime :)
  • eagle_01
    eagle_01 Posts: 94
    Options
    Wow, that's great Lesley. I find that I can eat within 1200 calories when I don't exercise much. Then when I get on the fitness kick I burn lots of calories, but stray on my food diary and sneak in sugary stuff. Guess, I have to learn to be good at exercise and dieting at the same time, rather than it being one or the other.

Sophie, I do hate that losing and gaining, but it's always nice to know I'm not alone.

Thanks Summer, will do. I'm up and down on my food diary, though managing to burn a lot of calories through exercise.