Fats and protein

Options
Hi. I recently started Keto. I can stay under 20 carbs, but am finding it difficult to hit the fat amount- I’m usually close to hitting protein. Is not hitting the fat going to be counter productive?

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of Keto types use heavy cream in coffee and such to up the fat intake.
    I'm only going by what I see friends do. I can't eat high fat diets so the idea of purposefully ingesting higher fats makes my stomach hurt
  • OGingerBeardMan
    OGingerBeardMan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily keto. But my current diet is relatively low carb and high fat. My carbs are usually around 80 and fat is close to 220. I eat a lot of avocado, Smart Balance Spread, and olive and coconut oils. I do also incorporate a good amount of cheese (cottage and string cheese). My diary is public if you'd like to take a gander.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,241 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You don't need to hit your fat goal on keto. Keto just tends to be high fat due to making up for the lack of carbs.

As long as you are staying under your carb limit, and hitting your protein goal, you are doing fine. Fat is just extra.