No supplements

Options
Jamaica113
Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
I would like to know who has lost weight without supplements and how long did it take you. Maybe this will help my motivation. TIA

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't take supplements. I have been successful for 4 months (and going). I have not reached my goals. I let the food be my supplements.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No supplements here either. Just tracking my food and exercising. I've had slips here and there, but kept pushing through. 5 months in and 8 pounds away from hitting goal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,316 Member
    Options
    I take some things for reasons having nothing to do with weight loss (Vit D, magnesium, omega 3s), but didn't change anything for weight loss, specifically no "weight loss aids", "fat burners", "metabolic enhancers" or any of that kind of nonsense. (And no protein powder, not because there's anything wrong with it, but because I don't find it tasty or satisfying and prefer to get nutrients from food.)

I lost weight just fine: Around 50 pounds in a bit less than a year, at age 59-60, (while hypothyroid if it matters; I think it doesn't), and am still at a healthy weight almost 4 years after starting the process.
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!