feeling like a failure?

Options
So, I've lost 60lbs but now I'm also losing my motivation. Still have such a long ways to go. Just feeling like its not possible. Ug.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you lost 60 pounds then going further is VERY POSSIBLE.

Good Luck.
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    60 pounds!!!! WOWW!!! Keep going!! Don't get complacent. Change your exercise routine. And if nothing else works, take up a dance class *if you like dancing*. Do something fun to bring the joy back :)
    Good luck!
  • fraya1
    fraya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks! Its the food, I just want to binge binge binge
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    have a weekend of doing what you want, not worrying about calories, then get back on track monday. might just need a reminder of how fatty food makes you feel like crap lol but then you could also enjoy a few things. and i agree also start an activity to spice it up and even find some new recipes to try when back to it. but dont give up !!! you dont want to ruin all your hard work. if you do have a free weekend it may even kickstart your metabolism going back to healthy again. who knows :) but dont stop !!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 60lbs you are doing an AMAZING job. Just imagine how bad would you feel if you put all that weight back on?! You've put in a lot of hard work so far, don't let it be wasted. What were your reasons for losing weight in the first place? Time to think back and see the headspace you were in.

On another note, have you updated your goals and exercise levels? Maybe you feel like you need to binge because your calorie needs have changed?
  • spongebob2509
    spongebob2509 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would agree ive lost 44lbs so far, and last weekend i felt like giving up so i had a naughty fri/sat ate junk food drank a few beers and by sunday I knew , that lifestyle was behind me the food made me feel bloaty and crappy couldnt sleep properly and i hit the gym monday with a new focus and have lost another 2lbs so far this week.

So eat that bad stuff and regain your focus
  • fraya1
    fraya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    thank you. I need to remember why i started this in the first place and how horrible i felt 60lbs heavier
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hey Fraya,

Thanks for the friend request :-)

I had a flick through your diary and I can see why you are having probs.... hope you don't mind if I highlight some things?

1) You don't log everything.... to many gaps in your days and entries.
    2) There are a lot of big sandwches, take out things which are so high in calories that you can hardly eat anything else in a day.
    3) There aren't many fruits/ veggies

Take a look through my diary. I eat LOADS. Take some hints as to what are good 'fillers' that aren't heavy on calories. I exercise a lot to earn my calories... sometimes I eat them back, sometimes I don't. I'm not perfect by any means, I was just struck by the many entries I make in a day compared to you, lol. Hope this helps in some way xx
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i had a looky too, and maybe there are some days you dont seem to be eating much and not spreading calories out throughout the day, you may be feeling deprived sometimes. i admit im from austalia so there are some foods i see in diaries and i have absolutely no idea what they are lol. but i just think you could be eating so much more for you calories throughout your day and maybe you wouldnt feel like going on a binge. take a look at other peoples diaries and recipes etc and see what you could be having maybe. other than that i still stand by my first comment too :P . have your binge but do some rethinking of what your using your calories on . hope that helps. :)