LADIES with PCOS

Options
Anyone else out there struggling to lose weight? I feel like I exercise and eat super clean and the scale moves an ounce. It’s so frustrating I need to know I’m not alone. Any tips? Or supplements? Anything helps.

Replies

• stacysjourney
    stacysjourney Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. The weight is a battle for me. You are not alone! My advice is keep drinking water, watch carbs and don’t be hard on yourself. I have not taken any supplements. How long have you been working on losing weight? That will make a difference too.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I am not a lady with PCOS, but my wife suffers from it, and weight loss has been a battle for her as well. However with PCOS, weight loss comes down to the same thing as weight loss for anyone else: eating less calories than you burn. It is not about clean eating or low carb or anything else, although eating low carb and low glycemic index foods can help with some of the symptoms of PCOS. But ultimately, you will lose if you are in a calorie deficit.

Some women with PCOS can have significantly lower BMRs than non PCOS women, so if you are tracking your intake but not finding the scale moving, you might have to lower your intake to compensate for the slowed metabolism.

• AmyMummyTummy2
    AmyMummyTummy2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and recently had 2 kids, obviously didn't help my weight loss journey. I gained 56lbs, my youngest is 5 months and I have lost 35lbs so far. The last 20lbs are proving very difficult.. sometimes my motivation suffers as a result of the scales not moving. Vicious circle.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

Good place to find info and success stories of people who lost weight, got healthier and/or regained their fertility there.
  • mfp4kc
    mfp4kc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You might also consider a water and fat-soluble CoQ10. There is some research that suggests it may support PCOS: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cen.13288/full
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Have it as well. I was able to lose weight when I was honest with my logging by weighing my food and logged everything I consumed. The weight really came off when I incorporated weight training to my workouts rather than cardio. I have been using myo-inostosol for >1 year and had noticed once I started that the symptoms improved as well. Now I am a healthy weight with normal cycles and symptom free for over a year!