Down 19lbs.. but where???

Options
Kales97
Kales97 Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I’ve lost 19lbs since March 1st. Went from 197lbs and weighed in today @ 178lbs. I feel like my progress in terms of belly fat loss has been so slow. I’ve seen 6 week weight loss challenges with amazing results, and I get this after 8 weeks??? I’ve been consistently eating 1400 calories everyday (sometimes 1300-1500). Advice?

Replies

• emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Looks like a huge difference to me.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference.

If the results pics you are mentioning are online or promoting some product, please remember there is pose manipulation and Photoshop touch-ups. I've seen some before/after pics where it's literally the same picture for both - hairdo gives it away lol.

I agree with working the muscle. Belly fat can be the most stubborn sometimes.
  • dukeingram
    dukeingram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was hidden fat. Got to burn it before seeing significant changes to body.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are probably losing fat all over, some from your arms, legs and torso. Unfortunately, belly fat (midsection in general) seems to linger. But don't despair--keep up the logging and it will eventually start being noticeable.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    The part of me I want to see progress in the most is my belly. So I have been taking pictures once a week - the same exact picture (angle, amount of skin showing etc) to help me see the changes that are happening. If I wasn't looking at pictures side by side, I wouldn't see any progress. But the pictures show the changes, small, but they're there.

One thing we all know is it takes time and patience! Little things like this help to keep me from getting discouraged.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? I take measurements 2-3 times a month to see where the weight is coming from.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    19 pounds in 6 weeks? that is over 3 pounds per week. what is your issue exactly?
  • fcanad
    fcanad Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OP, I hear you with being unable to see my own changes.
    I considered accusing my BF of hacking my scale to go down regardless of weight. I did 30 lbs in 3 months and don’t see a difference in myself.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It took me ages to see my weight loss because I was losing it all over my body - mostly my face. Argh. You should take measurements - chest, hip, waist, thigh and then you'll see the progress more. I've lost 20kg and lost 2 giant fat rolls around my tummy but still have what I'm calling my Final Fatroll :) I think it will be a long time before that one goes away
  • Kales97
    Kales97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    L
    19 pounds in 6 weeks? that is over 3 pounds per week. what is your issue exactly?
    No, 19lbs in 8 weeks.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you want to see more muscle definition then along with your calorie deficit it will help to work on a progressive strength training regime. Many of the ‘side by side’ progress photos eg Joe Wicks 90 days, Beach Body etc all rely on a pretty intense exercise ramp up in addition to loss of body fat.
    Apologies if you’re already doing this but I thought it worth mentioning if not.
    Regardless you’re making outstanding progress so be more kind to yourself!
  • kicjaz
    kicjaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe it's hard to see the lose on ourself if you aren't comparing with photo. When i was around 40lb lost i was still not seeing a difference while watching myself on the mirror though i know i had lost (clothes size ...).
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said about exercise. I started exercising in March. I have only lost two or three pounds but I am down a pants size and I am getting compliments on my weight loss.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 19 lbs. While you may not see it, it is making a difference in your overall health. As everyone has said, your belly may be the last place to show significant loss (which totally sucks for so many, but hey, ce la vie). Don't let that deter you; stick with it! The downside of belly fat loss is extra skin is more noticeable (IMO), so maybe it's a good think we don't see this until we've lost more, b/c it might make us panic and stop! You appear to be pretty young so the skin issue can resolve itself over time (a couple of years--not what you want to hear, but it will also be there to remind you not to go back to bad habits).

Weight loss and improved health need to be viewed over the long haul. Keep doing what is working and remember it WILL all work out in the end, if you are consistent and committed. Those are the hard parts.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nineteen pounds lost is no easy feat! Congratulations on your hard work!! I hear you about not being able to notice the difference; I'm the same. I'm taking monthly photos in the same place with the same outfit so I can track visual progress over time. Admittedly, I can see much difference between my first and second photos. My third photo is coming up and I'm crossing my fingers to see some visual progress! Whether I do or not, I'm going to keep on chugging along; I hope you do too! We are worth it!!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    People store fat in different parts of the body. Genetics determines where that will be. That means that some people will lose weight first in their face, some in their bust, some in their hips, some in their legs, some in their stomach. Some people lose weight evenly all over, some don't. Some fat will be the last to go. For many of us, the belly fat is that fat. I have a bony upper body (back, shoulders, chest, ribs) but still have a belly.