3rd day of 30DS, and hurting

Options
So today is my 3rd day of 30DS and I could barely move my legs when i woke up. Is it like this for everyone else? I stretch after my workouts and even before bed. Im going to keep going, im not going to stop. Just was wondering if it is this intense for others.

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    By day 3 my legs were doing the same thing. They got better by day 5 and I never had that problem again!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Mine hurt until day 5. They started to improve after that.
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    Is there any way to prevent this? I'm starting 30ds *kitten* soon as it arrives in the mail, and I'm scared!
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here!!! It will get better!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Protein protein protein after your workout will work wonders
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, legs were huuurting!! Then in L2 my arms hurt, and in L3, my abs. But the very first 4 days were the WORST!! It will get better by tomorrow or the day after, don't worry :)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am on my day 3 and my legs hurt too. I even did extra stretching too. I took a hot bath and that seemed to work. No pain no gain as they say, ha ha. I am going to stick with it though!!
  • jouergal
    jouergal Posts: 40
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way. Walking up and down the stairs in my home is not fun at all. :laugh: I also just finished my third day. We just have to push through it and hope it gets better. :smile:
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    It will get better. I promise. Just push through it and give it time. This is coming from a girl who seriously thought she was going to die after her first few days and is now doing 30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30 at the same time. Some days are doubles! It is fabulous!! :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    JM has a very poor and short warm up and cool down for the intensity of her exercises. I will suggest that you add 5 to 10 minutes at the beginning and the end of each workout, and do your own warm up and stretch, besides what is in the video.

I add 10 minutes of Pilates movements and stretches before and after. Big difference! But I do have to admit that I modify a lot the jumps because I have knee problems.
  • ostera15
    ostera15 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, I just ordered this to do on my off days from C25K, now I'm wondering it if might interfere with my running...
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was having horrible soreness from working out (not 30DS, but it still applies). I got in the bath and did some stretches in the bath after my muscles had time to warm up. After that I felt great, no soreness at all. I also slightly massaged my muscles while in the bath.

I guess this would only be helpful if only your legs are sore, because you can't exactly stretch much else while in the tub...

Hope you feel better, good for you doing 30DS! Keep on pushing through the pain =]
  • jsiler181
    Options
    I just finished Day 2 last night so I'm glad to know that most people felt some relief within the first week. I actually had to skip on Tuesday because I was quite sore from Monday's 30DS workout BEFORE I did an intense 40 minute workout at the gym on Tuesday. I had a very difficult time walking yesterday lol I can already tell a slight difference today. I was able to get out of bed faster and getting around hasn't been so painful.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It gets better after Day 5. The thing you can do is stretch longer, especially the thighs, the glutes, hams and quads. Search on youtube and you will find a couple of good stretchingvideos targetting these areas.
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's not my legs that are sore it's my arms from the push-ups. Even the warm up where you stretch your arms out and in hurts. I get on the elliptical directly after to give me more of a workout and then I do extra stretching after the workout .Good Luck and it does get better.
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 (today). Jillian has a quite embarrassing warm up and cool down (in my personal opinion), so I would suggest stretching a tad more prior to doing the actual work out to really stretch and prepare those muscles.

My legs are not really what's bothering me, it's my abs and arms. I have very little upper body strength.

I would also suggest maybe Youtubing stretching for a warm up AND for a cool down. And follow up with a protein shake, or a post-workout recovery drink.

Keep going though! I heard by the 4-5th day things start to get better!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So gald to read these. Today should have been day 2 on the 30DS but I COULDNT move this morning so didnt do it! :( I know, I know. That was very bad!! But really, can hardley move! I will start back and put more warm ups and cool downs with it to see if that helps.