Maintaining and Good life style?

Options
I've finally reached a point where I'm really happy with my body. I'm currently 6'4 and weight 118lbs. I've lost around 26lbs in 3 months and my weight has been quite stable now for 3 weeks. Its all very good indeed.

However, I still feel like im constantly on diet! I'm still watching everything I eat, particularly carb and fat. I also still feel a bit guilty for going to restaurant and having occasional drink. I'm really nervous about gaining it back.

I would like to lead a normal healthy life without having to count calories everyday while maintaining my current weight. I'm generally pretty good at choosing food as I've always hate processed, mass produced stuff. I do however work with food.....really good artisan food which often I have to taste. It also means my office is packed full with all sort of high quality chocolates, cakes, pastry on offer....all within my eyesights. So it is a FIGHT of will power EVERYDAY.

I'm still trying to gym 3 times a week....difficult though, as losing weight for holidays was a good motivation (what I was originally aimed for) but going to gym to maintain feel like a different story.

Anyone is currently maintaining and happy with their lifestyle? Can you share your everyday routine? or how to motivate yourself to stay fit and healthy?

Replies

• mags1983
    mags1983 Posts: 21
    Options
    I totally understand your concern. I lost 35 pounds in the last 13 weeks ( I went gym 6 times a week and stuck to around 1200 calories) I am going to switch to maintenance mode in the next week but I really don't want to gain weight and I think it will be so hard to switch off calorie counting. Luckily I do enjoy exercising so have cut down to 5 times a week at the gym and will cut down to 3-4 in the next fortnight..its great we have done so well but horrible that we have this feeling of gulity when we have a 'naughty' treat or drink!! Good luck :)