Sweet tooth

Options
I have a sweet tooth and have been pretty good at staying away from sweets, candies however I have created a new habit apple and peanut butter any other healthy suggestions?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Any type of fruit is usually good for that. In addition to apples I like oranges and especially pineapple. Sugar is not bad for you, just too many calories from overeating it is. That is why fruits are usually a better source of it than sweets as they tend to be less calorie dense and keep you fuller.
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fruit with a Greek yogurt dip
    Cottage cheese and fruit
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I like Lily's dark chocolate to curb my sweet tooth. A serving of their chocolate chips is about 60 calories, and half of their chocolate bars are only 170 calories (they have several varieties too). Pricey bars, but the dark chocolate is a stronger flavor and a little goes a long way. Stevia-sweetened, so you need to like that aftertaste.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Stop telling yourself you have a “sweet tooth”. There is no such thing. It’s a colloquialism not recognized by science.

If you like sweets you’re no different than 99% of people on earth.

Try going 1 day, then 2 without sweets. You *can* do it and you’ll be just fine.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    banana and peanutbutter
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love baking and chocolate cake is my jam. Finding a healthier AND satisfying replacement has made me a very happy lady. I would recommend this recipe if it is something you crave too! I made some changes, added black beans and used cocoa + coconut oil instead of chocolate. https://www.delscookingtwist.com/2016/03/16/healthy-flourless-chocolate-cake/
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Definitely fruits, I find that when I cut back a lot on added sugars after a while fruit tastes much sweeter.
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dates!