6lbs gain :(

Options
................but it was worth it, as now I DON'T SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does happy dance*

Replies

• sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrads!

I remember when my friend quit, she went crazy with the snacks as a substitute. She switched to sugar free gum and hard candies to curb weight gain!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good For you!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't get to say this often, but congrats on your weight gain! I'm more than sure it is worth it.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i gained 20 when i quit smoking thankfully have dropped that also
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Plus, it looks like you've lost 17! So Congratulations:0) Quitting smoking is not an easy thing to do! What an accomplishment!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's a HUGE accomplishment. And the weight will come off too. Don't stress about 6 pounds. This is a life time journey and you have made a major change to have a healthier life! That's SO AWESOME!!
  • Kipper66
    Kipper66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well done you on giving up smoking the long term health benefits far out weigh the short term weight gain; those 6lbs will soon melt away, as you will feel more active and healthier with no long smoking :) Keep up the good work.
  • tnbraudaway
    tnbraudaway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good for you! I too quit this past June. I gained a little weight, took it off. But I can tell in these last two months how much life I have gained back too! To finally get that monkey off my back feels sooooooooooooo good.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you only gained 6?? holy cow. Whats the secret?
    I think I ended up gaining about 30ish.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well done on quitting smoking. I used to smoke, but as my husband says I wasn't a "real" smoker :smokin: (i.e. I never had that craving first thing in the morning and only smoked in the evenings or when out boozing.)

Haven't smoked regularly in 6 years, although I still have the odd puff... maybe 2-3 a year .. just fancy one every now and then... usually when I'm a tad wibbly-wobbly :drinker: :laugh:

Don't worry about the 6lbs, you'll soon have them off in a few weeks :bigsmile:
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I quit too! Yay for us!! :D
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    ................but it was worth it, as now I DON'T SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does happy dance*

CONGRATULATIONS!
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    Well Done! I am an ex-smoker (2 1/2 yrs) - you will lose the 6lbs again! Best thing you could've done!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's fantastic
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's a fabulous achievement, and the lbs will soon go again.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have watched my best friend quit and start up again so many times, I've lost count. I don't quite know what to say when I see that she's started up again, so I don't say anything. I think it's a fabulous accomplishment. I can't quite relate as I've never smoked, but I imagine it's one of the toughest things to do.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's a brilliant achievement!
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I also quit smoking about 1 1/2 months ago (though I've probably had 6 cigs or so during that time). It's SO hard and I'm sure that it's impacting my weight loss here, but I'm sticking to it and toughing it out (some days just barely, though!!). 6 lbs is a more than fair trade off for the benefits you're going to have from no longer smoking. Great job!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a non-smoker!! 6lbs is a small price to pay, and I've no doubt you'll soon shift that!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Hope you're able to stay off them for good! :heart: