best protein bar

Options

Replies

• ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love the Pure Protein bars (chocolate deluxe). Also a fan of Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch - and now they have cookies (which I adore!).
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ONE protein bars are hands down the most delicious protein bars I've ever tried. I now eat one every morning in place of breakfast. 20g protein, 1g sugar, tons of fiber.. it keeps me full till lunch. The glazed donut flavor is the bomb dot com. I buy them off Amazon.
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Quest bars- these two flavors: birthday cake and s’mores. The white chocolate raspberry is good too if I’m in the mood for that.
  • cavefallss
    cavefallss Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @just_Tomek ahh i can’t do it. lol.. I wanted to like so bad but i just don’t.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Outright bars are by far the best
  • cavefallss
    Options
    @tmpecus78 is that at gnc ?
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    It is really hard to figure out which bars are "best" without tasting them yourself. Between taste and texture, what one person thinks is "just like a candy bar" another will think is vile :lol:

Thanks for this @kimny72 - these types of threads are common and frustrate me. Unless one defines what they are specifically looking for (i.e. macro mix, vegan?, type of sweetener, etc.) you'll always get a wide range of opinions that often compete.

I regularly eat a wide variety of protein bars: Questbars; Redcon1 MRE; ONE (regular); Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch; Gatorade; Detour Lean Muscle; MET-Rx Protein Plus and Big 100; BSN Protein Crisp; and Detour Lean Muscle bars. Also, Cloud10 squares, Lenny & Larry cookies, and Quest cookies. It depends on what I need calorie and macro-wize for that day (I pre-log a week in advance). I actually like them all!

The only bars I have tried that I was not happy with were the No Cow bars and ONE Basix but realize it may be awesome to others.
  • cavefallss
    Options
    @just_Tomek exactly...going to the store today so hopefully I will find something that I like.
  • frozenhands
    frozenhands Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the Olly protein bars. Super delicious. Tastes just like a cookie. I also like the Luna protein bars. All the flavors are good.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    One thing I like about Quest bars is they are *not* chocolate coated. That makes them great for throwing them into your backpack or pocket and they won’t melt.

(I think a few new flavors of Quest have a coating of some kind.)

Chocolate brownie, double chocolate chunk, mint chocolate chunk are my favorite flavors.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love ONE bars and Think Thin bars. I used to be a fan of Quest bars but for some reason they are way too sweet for me now.
    Kirkland peanut butter chocolate bars are awesome!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    guil0095 wrote: »
    Oh man the Think Thin protein bars are so bomb! Its the only one that doesn't taste like poop in my opinion. :D The lemon one is my fave! Tastes like lemon pound cake. Brownie one is good as well.

20g of protein
    9g of fat
    0g of sugar

How does one actually know it doesn't taste like poop? :o
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    guil0095 wrote: »
    Oh man the Think Thin protein bars are so bomb! Its the only one that doesn't taste like poop in my opinion. :D The lemon one is my fave! Tastes like lemon pound cake. Brownie one is good as well.

20g of protein
    9g of fat
    0g of sugar

How does one actually know it doesn't taste like poop? :o

09rc7bm6uj9p.png
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Quest bars- these two flavors: birthday cake and s’mores. The white chocolate raspberry is good too if I’m in the mood for that.

Just tried the s'mores...freakin' awesome texture (gooey like cookie dough batter, not ridiculously chocolatey or sweet, good balance). Again, nothing against Quest, but there products are all over the place in terms of texture (ranging from super moist & gooey to hurt your jaw level of chewiness)
  • Mwiggs86
    Mwiggs86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lcatalan93 wrote: »
    APN Crave protein bars the white chocolate peanut butter one is the best!!!

High Fiber
    18g Protein
    3g Net Carbs
    1g Sugar

If you're counting macros, don't you need to focus on total carbs, not net carbs?
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like Rx bars, but I don't eat them as meal replacement. I buy a pack of the kids size ones and keep them at work so keep the vending machine siren call at bay.
  • cavefallss
    Options
    I like Rx bars, but I don't eat them as meal replacement. I buy a pack of the kids size ones and keep them at work so keep the vending machine siren call at bay.
    that’s a good idea! I saw that they had tiny size lara bars. i believe that’s what they are called. i got a box to take to work with me.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I really like Rx Bars - they do not have as much protein as some (12 gms), but their mixed berry and chocolate peanut butter bars are very good (Walmart) and their ingredients are not full of chemicals
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oh no chemicals!!! Evil evil chemicals!!!