I just had my first sandwich in 4 months

nocgirl72
nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
When I eat bread it’s usually 1 slice at a time with avocado on it.

Tonight I was craving a chicken sandwich with the breaded patty. Bought a bag of banquet breaded chicken patties . 150 calories not bad. I have not eaten Banquet anything in a long time.

2 slices of Sara Lee delightful bread 90 cals total.

1TB Kraft fat free mayo

A slice of tomato. Side of riced cauliflower ( 20 cals) and a couple Brussel sprouts.

This is my last meal of the day I am a little high on the carbs today I’m sitting at 96g but with 27g fiber.

Was it a bad choice? So satisfying. My daughter had the chicken sandwich from Wendy’s and I figure my sandwich was way less in calories and healthier

I’m still way under calories today since I only had 3 meals no snacks so I will have a treat here shortly.

Replies

• nocgirl72
    Oh I intend too! Going to limit to 1 a day. I do need to make a couple subs tmrw to lower my cards. I like to stay under 75

MikePTY wrote: »
    I go through close to a loaf of bread a week. I had two sandwiches for dinner :smile:. There is no need to cut out bread or carbs to lose weight. So you could have another sandwich within the next 4 months (or even 4 hours) and still be okay 😉

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    My sandwich of late has been one scrambled egg with a toasted English muffin. I eat a pair and scramble the eggs in a small amount of olive oil. My math calcs 540 calories and this does a nice job contributing to my satiety.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Why would it be a bad choice OP??
  • nocgirl72
    edited April 2019
    Because all I hear is how bad bread is and I’m surprised I’m eating “ Banquet which is known for cheap TV dinners but the nutritional content of these is not bad and they tout no additives, preservatives etc. after this bag is done I’ll look for a healthier option at Trader Joe’s or Costco if there are any. I wanted the breaded patty tonight.

I do think the Sara Lee delightful life is one of the healthier choices. That or the Natures Own Lite

quote="paperpudding;c-43652417"]Why would it be a bad choice OP?? [/quote]

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have grilled chicken sandwiches frequently. My best tool is my George Forman grill. I’ve never been a fan of mayo, or breading, which helps calorie wise. Spices, and marinades, can really make a difference and adds variety to the flavor. I have bread every day. There’s a nine grain seeded bread that’s baked in the grocery store daily that is particularly good. We also have baguettes frequently. I couldn’t imagine not eating bread.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    nocgirl72 wrote: »
    Because all I hear is how bad bread is and I’m surprised I’m eating “ Banquet which is known for cheap TV dinners but the nutritional content of these is not bad and they tout no additives, preservatives etc. after this bag is done I’ll look for a healthier option at Trader Joe’s or Costco if there are any. I wanted the breaded patty tonight.

I do think the Sara Lee delightful life is one of the healthier choices. That or the Natures Own Lite

quote="paperpudding;c-43652417"]Why would it be a bad choice OP??

[/quote]

Bread isn't bad nor is it unhealthy. I personally don't eat sandwiches a lot, but that's because I'm not a fan of most sandwiches, not because there is some sort of inherent horribleness that comes from eating bread. Sure if you have various health problems then don't eat them, or more specifically don't eat the offending ingredients, but otherwise it's fine.

I personally don't think I would like the taste of Sara Lee Delightful Life, but that's because of my taste in bread.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh I intend too! Going to limit to 1 a day. I do need to make a couple subs tmrw to lower my cards. I like to stay under 75

MikePTY wrote: »
    I go through close to a loaf of bread a week. I had two sandwiches for dinner :smile:. There is no need to cut out bread or carbs to lose weight. So you could have another sandwich within the next 4 months (or even 4 hours) and still be okay 😉

I'm currently experimenting with a lower carb woe (50-75 net carbs) and I ate several sandwiches this past week. I either use a low carb wrap (5 net carbs), or I use a whole grains bread that isn't labeled low carb but isn't too bad after I factor in the fiber.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    When I first started limiting my calories, bread was one of the items I limited to find the right balance. Once I found a way to work it into my regular diet I felt liberated. It sounds like that’s where you are at. It also sounds like you really enjoyed that sandwich.

I go out to eat at Panera once a week with friends and have really enjoyed finding ways to work in those calories. Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, and lemon drop cookie. I’m glad you enjoyed your sandwich too!
  • nocgirl72

Well I consider it healthier because of the low cal, very low sugar, and decent fiber.
    TeaBea wrote: »

Healthier how? Lower calories.....yes. Does low calorie = healthy? I'm not sure what your definition is here.

Eat bread you like. A well balanced diet can include bread. Just don't eat so much bread that you are missing out on other things.

Focus on macro nutrients. Get enough protein and fat. Get a decent amount of fiber as well. A variety of fruits and veggies will contribute to fiber counts and boost your micronutrients. [/quote]

Healthier how? Lower calories.....yes. Does low calorie = healthy? I'm not sure what your definition is here.

Eat bread you like. A well balanced diet can include bread. Just don't eat so much bread that you are missing out on other things.

Focus on macro nutrients. Get enough protein and fat. Get a decent amount of fiber as well. A variety of fruits and veggies will contribute to fiber counts and boost your micronutrients. [/quote]

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Well I consider it healthier because of the low cal, very low sugar, and decent fiber.

Oh okay. I do manage my fiber; fiber is good. I have no medical issues with regards to sugar so I don't even track that. Some people need to, but sugar is sugar.....no matter the source.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I would die if I didn't have sandwiches....I am a sandwich queen!
    I do use a lower calorie, hi fiber quality bread though!