I feel gross....

Options
kds10
kds10 Posts: 452 Member
Last 2 days been eating crappy...fast food etc. I usually practice IF but have been eating from morning until bedtime. Coincidentally last 2 nights have woken up in middle of night feeling disgusted with myself
I hate this....I used to find weekends the easiest time to stay on track but this past winter I got in this habit of doing great during week but then slacking off on the weekends...now it has started to become a bad habit.
Thus zero weight loss since last fall

I have to get my *kitten* together! I find when I feel gross like this I feel gross mentally too...if that makes sense:(

..

Replies

  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello OP you poor thing ! Did anything in particular cause the change of approach at the weekends ? My D3 levels go MIA in winter which impacts my moods and therefore diet (so much more cake). Also, those pesky hormones are a *kitten* too (mine are also on the fritz).. Have you considered getting any extra support for that ? Please be kind to yourself. x
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    OooohToast wrote: »
    Hello OP you poor thing ! Did anything in particular cause the change of approach at the weekends ? My D3 levels go MIA in winter which impacts my moods and therefore diet (so much more cake). Also, those pesky hormones are a *kitten* too (mine are also on the fritz).. Have you considered getting any extra support for that ? Please be kind to yourself. x

    Thanks...any recommendation for natural hormone support?

    It started in the winter when our weather got bad and too cold so instead of hiking on the weekends I instead chose to stay in keep warm and eat:((

  • HeadInThaClouds
    HeadInThaClouds Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We all "fall of the wagon". Winter is always hard for me as well. I call it working on my winter body. You can turn it around and make better foos choices anytime, and you will! 😁
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    OooohToast wrote: »
    Hello OP you poor thing ! Did anything in particular cause the change of approach at the weekends ? My D3 levels go MIA in winter which impacts my moods and therefore diet (so much more cake). Also, those pesky hormones are a *kitten* too (mine are also on the fritz).. Have you considered getting any extra support for that ? Please be kind to yourself. x

    Thanks...any recommendation for natural hormone support?

    It started in the winter when our weather got bad and too cold so instead of hiking on the weekends I instead chose to stay in keep warm and eat:((

    Hello again :)

    In Winter, I would recommend D3 supplements - I've seen a lot more bright daylight this Winter and am amazed at the difference its made.

    For hormones, I would still like to recommend milk thistle for the liver which helps manage th distribution of hormones. I have taken Agnus Castus for nearly 15 years and its helped when the hormones were working and now when they are all over the show. I have come off both randomly throughout that period and got back on it as required - I have spent far more time on them than off.

    And for Winter exercise, I got one of those rebounder things so I dont have to brave awful weather to exercise- am amazed at what that does for my mood too. Nothing scientific to it, i just think it reminds me of trampolining as a kid :).

    Thats not to say any of this would work for you - its just worked for me.

    Good luck OP !
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    OooohToast wrote: »
    kds10 wrote: »
    OooohToast wrote: »
    Hello OP you poor thing ! Did anything in particular cause the change of approach at the weekends ? My D3 levels go MIA in winter which impacts my moods and therefore diet (so much more cake). Also, those pesky hormones are a *kitten* too (mine are also on the fritz).. Have you considered getting any extra support for that ? Please be kind to yourself. x

    Thanks...any recommendation for natural hormone support?

    It started in the winter when our weather got bad and too cold so instead of hiking on the weekends I instead chose to stay in keep warm and eat:((

    Hello again :)

    In Winter, I would recommend D3 supplements - I've seen a lot more bright daylight this Winter and am amazed at the difference its made.

    For hormones, I would still like to recommend milk thistle for the liver which helps manage th distribution of hormones. I have taken Agnus Castus for nearly 15 years and its helped when the hormones were working and now when they are all over the show. I have come off both randomly throughout that period and got back on it as required - I have spent far more time on them than off.

    And for Winter exercise, I got one of those rebounder things so I dont have to brave awful weather to exercise- am amazed at what that does for my mood too. Nothing scientific to it, i just think it reminds me of trampolining as a kid :).

    Thats not to say any of this would work for you - its just worked for me.

    Good luck OP !

    Thanks....I have heard that doctors say that vitamin d3 is probably the most important supplement to take.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I dont even know what made my d3 tank the time it literally disappeared - I was still getting sunshine hits at the time. The last 2 years has been spent firmly in perimenopause and I think thats had a significant and not great impact to different areas of my health as various markers have shifted around, none for the better. Perimenopause - periods AND menopause symptoms at the same time along with a load of other *kitten*. Does the fun never end ??!

  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I’m going to circle back to your original topic. Did you stop IF because it wasn’t a good fit for you? Since you’ve been off track have you been logging your food?

    IMO logging your food (even when off track) can be empowering. I’d encourage you to start logging. Don’t stress if you go over your calorie target. Just log your food.

    Taking control back can do wonders to get you “out of the funk”.

    I’m now going to echo Ann’s comments. See your doctor. If this is your first skipped period things may be erratic for a while. Know these things are temporary. I am 52 and postmenopausal. Your doctor knows your own history and any potential risks.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Winter just sucks the life out of us, sometimes. I hope you follow the good advice about seeing your doc if you are struggling with menopause. No weight loss is better than weight gain, so kudos if you managed to hold fairly steady in your weight over the toughest time of year.

    I'm struggling with weekends right now and I just got back on this site. There are real and unusual stressors in my life and I am using them as an excuse not to shop and prep food--so much easier to just buy a few tacos more than my calorie count allows, frankly. But while I need some stress-reduction right now, avoiding regular chores and then compensating by eating what I "want," in the volume I want, doesn't actually reduce my stress--it just shifts it. I can focus on feeling too full and mad at myself rather than either focusing on the real issues *or* going for a jog, taking a nap, or doing something that gets my mind off of negative feelings.

    Why is it so hard to be good to ourselves?
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hugs. You received some great advice. When I started skipping my period and then when it was finally a year of skipped, the gyno said you are done with it, won't get pregnant and in menopause. After the year of no periods, guess what? I got my period for many months after until it finally did stop.
    Anyway, you sound like you are ready to take control again so big hugs and I know you can do this.