A midlife reboot ...again ...

Options
Hey all!

That’s what I’m calling it. I’m in my 40’s, a mom of 2, married, and a geeky professional with a long commute. All is going good except, I’m unhappy with my weight and my eating habits. I don’t feel like I’m having a midlife crisis, more like I realize I need to reset and re-prioritize some things in my life ... mostly me .... just need to reboot a little. I saw a recent pic of myself with some longtime colleagues and was .. not unhappy... just newly motivated. I want a different picture next summer when I see them again.

I’m not new to MFP. I been here before (my 30s) and it worked so well for me. The part that worked for me was a strong network of friends I met on MFP. Now I need a fresh start because I can’t locate my old account. So, I’ve made a new one.

New account ✔️ I just need to get my act together and do this thing. I got my scale out. I got my app. Read some community posts - very motivational. So this is my intro post to see if others want to share motivation and support. If so, feel free to friend me or comment below. We can do this!!

Here’s to a happy, healthy, new lifestyle!

~ Kathy

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey Kathy - I feel you. I'm in my 40's, mom of 2, married, and have a geeky profession with a long commute as well. I've been in maintenance for years, but just recently have really let things slip and the weight is creeping back on. My clothes still fit, but they're starting to get tight and I'm not okay with that. :)

Welcome back! You've got this!
  • Nicwat1
    Nicwat1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story too. I’ve lost 4lb in two weeks so have made a good start. I’ve been surprised at how many hidden calories I used to eat. This app really makes you think about what you really need to eat. Good luck xx
  • quietmousie
    quietmousie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You could be telling my story! Single mom, work more than my 40 hours most weeks and a long commute. Finding it hard to get motivated to workout, but I know I need too. Here's to all of us!!