fitbit sync settings

Options
Hi there,

I've been using Fitbit for several years and MFP for a month or so. I've synched the two and it works but I'm wondering how I can just get the exercise portion to go into MPF from fitbit. Right now, MFP estimates that I will burn 1750 calories (I have it at not active) and it's always giving me way too many exercise calories from fitbit. So sometimes I think I have more calories to eat then I actually do. I refresh both apps throughout the day but still. And I did set it up for negative adjustments.

Has anybody run into this? Any fixes or workarounds?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MommyOfAnAngel17
    MommyOfAnAngel17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When you connect your Fitbit to your M.F.P. account it will sync everything. As far as I know there is no way to change that. When you go to your diary though, it will show you how many calories you have gone from food and how many are added from exercise. I found it easiest to ignore the end number of how many remaining calories after everything and just focus on the calories gone before exercise. It has helped me keep my self under my daily limit. Mine is set to 1720 and my Fitbit tends to give me anywhere between 1000 and up so not going by the final number helps out a lot.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Change your lifestyle to a higher setting and manually adjust calories to 1750. I would try to see if that helps.