Will the chicken wings be the devil tonight???? HELP!!!!

Options
Well, I have been doing so well ..... drinking ALL my water loging EVERYTHING I eat EVERY DAY!!!!! Last night my wonderful husband made homemade veggie pizza for dinner. I got off work at 8pm so my plan was to eat 1 piece and have a salad. Well, I had 2 pieces and no salad ....but I was so full!!! Before, would have kept eating until I was so stuffed I couldn't move, so I'm not beating myself up for eating 2 pieces I think I did good. Tonight my stepdaughter and her boyfriend are coming over and we are having grilled chicken wings and sweet potato fries. Chicken wings in the past have been one of my trigger foods (along with pizza). At the moment (9:00 am) my plan is to see what the serving size is and have that amount (even if it is only 1), measure out a serving of sweet potato fries (baked not fried) and have a salad. WILL I DO THIS??????????????????? I NEED everyones support to keep me on track with this today. If you have suggestions please feel free to throw them down here to Florida..........

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Or you can make/have something as an alternative for yourself.
  • kleonarski
    Options
    Have a small portion of the wings (can be a little more than a serving), but I would stay away from the sweet potatoe fries. Have very little of those. Sweet potatoe fries are actually worse than regular fries because they contain more sugar and about the same amount of other carbs.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    chicken wings are white meat so they re good for you espically grilled. Just don't put too much sauce on them. baked sweet potato freis are also a good choice. ther is a lot of potassium in tehesweet potato that counter acts sodium adding a salad will keep you from over eating the wings. I think you have a great meal planned. Just put more salad on your plate than the other items and remember to enjoy your food.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Eat the salad first....then maybe that will help you eat less of the bad stuff...
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    Well if you eat grilled hot wings you will be good! I'm a hot sauce lover and Texas pete has zero calories! Now barbq is a different story, that sauce has a lot of calories
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Unless you plan on peeling off the skin, don't eat them! Buy yourself a nice steak or fish to throw on the grill / under the broiler. Chicken wings are like Lay's Potato Chips ... you can't eat just one.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Eat the salad first....then maybe that will help you eat less of the bad stuff...

do this. two servings of salad first, then treat yourself with one serving of the chicken and fries. give yourself a little break in between the salad and chicken to allow your body to adjust.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a toughie! Look up the calories and see what you can have. I say work out extra and plan to have some. I did that last night with pizza as well--2 specialty slices, then nothing else after that. I also walked with my son in a backpack for 3 hours yesterday so I figured I could afford to do it. Also, make sure you have enough veggies on hand so that you have something to eat. In addition you can eat before you get there--say a handful of almonds or an apple or a boiled egg. That way you won't be as hungry when you are confronted with the wings.
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    It sounds like you've made a good plan for yourself! Enjoy the wing(s) and keep logging! Best of luck, and enjoy your family's company!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Agree with eating the salad first and limiting intake (1-2 servings of the wings, <1 of the fries) - but sodium is a hidden killer in those foods too, so make sure to take in lots of water, and get in a good workout if you can
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    These might sound strange, but they work.

Eat slowly. One spoon at a time.
    When you put a mouthful in, put your spoon down, and don't prep the next bite till you're finished eating the first one.
    Drink water before you eat, and during.

You'll get full faster, even though it's food you love :)

Enjoy!!! Don't be so strict with yourself. You're supposed to be happy becoming a 'new' you :)
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.....I did rather well I think. I made a salad that covered over half of my plate and weighed out the wings. Thanks for all your support