Starting over again

Options
I've been off and on mfp for years. 19 months ago i really started trying to lose weight, i was at my heaviest of 437.4lbs and rejoined mfp somewhere in the 390's. I've lost about 85lbs total but am feeling very frustrated and "stuck" so im taking a different approach and posting here to make friends on the same journey as me so as to have a "support group." I've heard it really helps when things get tough. My name is Amanda im 36 single mother of two children. Divorced after a 12 year marriage a year ago today and im just trying to get my life back. Being morbidly obese, i've really lost myself. I'd love to have you as a friend in this journey.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! Welcome to MFP <3 Read the stickies at the top, a kitten load of info. Start with this one>> https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Starting over AGAIN too. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Starting over as well! Feel free to add me anyone! Good luck! Let’s do this! I’ve got 100 lbs to lose.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You've already made some amazing progress! Be kind to yourself and celebrate what you've accomplished so far. Don't forget to log everything--the good and the bad! Stick around when you get down and depressed. Stick around if you've had a binge day or week or month. We are here for each other. We know how hard it is.

You might get some tough love along the way, but it's meant to help not hurt.

I always suggest to those who are needing to lose a lot of weight to follow @AnnabellaRaine She has lost hundreds of pounds with diet alone all the while fighting a debilitating disease.
  • megxwray
    megxwray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting over too. :blush: Feel free to add me!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I believe you have a great plan! We can do this! I will send you a friend invite. I also have a number of very supportive friends so you may want to check some of them out too.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Need all the support/motivation i can get !! (heaviest i've ever been)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP!

You'd be welcome to join the Fit 2 Fat group, if you'd like some structure. We have a weekly weigh-in (you pick the day), daily check-ins (how are you doing as against your plan for food, water, exercise?), and lots of supportive chat:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group