New years resolutions

nelja
nelja Posts: 282 Member
Hi Everyone

What was your news years resolutions (scale or non-scale) and how are you doing with it?

Mine was to walk 1km each day (with out normal steps each day) and cycle 5000km for the year.

Keeping it up so far.

136.8km walking
1871.36km cycling
So far

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My 2019 "motto" or resolution was/is
    "Don't be crazy"
    ...welp...try, try again I guess.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Gains right on schedule over here
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Mine was to be kinder to myself. I’m really hard on myself for the way I look. And I’m definitely doing a better job at it
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Be a better "me". I am also WAY too hard on myself. I've been working on my confidence. Not just with my looks and getting in better shape, but all the way around. In how I meet people and just how I carry myself in general. It makes a BIG difference. At first, I started "faking" it but it became more natural and I am much more confident. I greet everyone with enthusiasm, lean in, shake their hand and look them in the eye. I make sure I am not slouching and carry a smile on my face. I can not tell you how much this has affected my life already this year
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    mike_rom wrote: »
    Be a better "me". I am also WAY too hard on myself. I've been working on my confidence. Not just with my looks and getting in better shape, but all the way around. In how I meet people and just how I carry myself in general. It makes a BIG difference. At first, I started "faking" it but it became more natural and I am much more confident. I greet everyone with enthusiasm, lean in, shake their hand and look them in the eye. I make sure I am not slouching and carry a smile on my face. I can not tell you how much this has affected my life already this year

Amazing!!:)
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Touch more butts, and I’m doin poorly
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    I don't believe in new years resolutions. why does it take a new year to make a decision to change thing for the better. This is the same as starting a diet tomorrow or Monday. If there is something you want/need to do to make things better for you do them now. don't wait. make a plan and put it into motion!
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »

Love this ❤

Thank you! :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Pass my sign language course
    Pass my driving test
    Run 10k

I have passed my first 2 exams and on my last 10 weeks then one more exam
    Have my driving test coming up
    Got up to 8k so far
    Did not sign up for tough mudder for this May but got a team ready for next year 😊

I would love to learn ASL! Good for you!

(I'm not a resolutioner so nothing to report personally)
  • nelja
    I have also been trying to do that. To also get out of my shelf. You are doing a great job. Keep it up.

• lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    My new years resolution was to not make any new years resolutions! Realisic goals is my aim.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    My new year’s resolution for 2012 was to reach my goal weight by my birthday in October. I did achieve this, lost 43 lbs 😅 and my new year’s resolution for every year after that, including 2019 has been to maintain my goal weight, which I have also achieved 😁 Something I added a couple of years ago and continued this year is to be “bikini ready” all year long. This means maintaining my fitness level, staying somewhat toned, and taking really good care of my skin so that at any point during the year I can pop on a bikini and just feel confident and know I’ve done my best to keep in good shape physically. I had the opportunity to swim and wear a bikini on a mini getaway in mid April and I did feel 100% confident, so mission accomplished! 😎
  • nelja
    Well done: Congratulations. Good luck on your journey.
    My new year’s resolution for 2012 was to reach my goal weight by my birthday in October. I did achieve this, lost 43 lbs 😅 and my new year’s resolution for every year after that, including 2019 has been to maintain my goal weight, which I have also achieved 😁 Something I added a couple of years ago and continued this year is to be “bikini ready” all year long. This means maintaining my fitness level, staying somewhat toned, and taking really good care of my skin so that at any point during the year I can pop on a bikini and just feel confident and know I’ve done my best to keep in good shape physically. I had the opportunity to swim and wear a bikini on a mini getaway in mid April and I did feel 100% confident, so mission accomplished! 😎