Healthy alternative to water

Options

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I purchase seltzer water. It's the no calorie, no sugar, no salt, no caffeine seltzer water. I purchase the Polar brand which I like the best but there are a number of seltzers to buy. I like the lemon flavor.

Someone above wrote lemon water. That is also another one I like. I buy those lemon shaped lemon juice things and just add that.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love flavored seltzer water and other than coffee that's pretty much all I drink. I used to drink Perrier and Lacroix but those got kind of expensive, so now I drink Kirkland brand from Costco and also the Kroger brand. Both are delicious and zero everything. Oh, and much much cheaper.

• cavefallss
    cavefallss Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love flavored seltzer water and other than coffee that's pretty much all I drink. I used to drink Perrier and Lacroix but those got kind of expensive, so now I drink Kirkland brand from Costco and also the Kroger brand. Both are delicious and zero everything. Oh, and much much cheaper.

hmm i’ve never tried the kroger brand one. the walmart black cherry is super good. very very cheap.

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Topo Chico!!!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Conversely what do you mean by unhealthy OP?

I get a lot of my hydration from numerous cups of tea throughout the day but when I'm exercising water or for long duration exercise sports drinks (normally mixed by me).

Diet coke, milk and Ribena also feature regulalrly.

Ribena is soooo good.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    being properly hydrated is key to being healthy. When I lost my weight, I really made sure I got 100 ounces a day. It is something I had to "work at " at first.. but then I realized the positive impact it had on my health and weight loss. Enjoy your journey... getting used to new improved ways to eat and drink is part of the process. good luck.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My new favorite "not soda/sweet tea/need more healthy drinks" is Bai Bubbles. I can't drink other sparkling waters because they're too dry for my taste, but these are great. I believe they're only 5 calories for a 12 oz can.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    I add a few drops of essential oils that are edible, like lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit.

Please do not ingest essential oils, especially the ones listed... these are essentially extremely concentrated solvents. These oils, like any other, do not dissolve in water and therefore when you drink it you've got a drops of these oils attaching to your mucosa and possibly causing irritation or ulcers from your mouth to your stomach among other nasty side effects. If you want fruit flavored water, use real fruit.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to replace water, try adding things to water. You'll still be getting the water you need but it will taste different. I hate drinking water on it's own, so I drink orange squash, lemon water, herbal teas instead, I never drink water on it's own and I'm not dehydrated etc.
  • GreatOnion
    GreatOnion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    echmain3 wrote: »
    What do you mean by “healthy”?

Not containing ten tons of sugar for example. Drinking 3L of coke per day probably isn't the healthiest thing ever.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    GreatOnion wrote: »
    echmain3 wrote: »
    What do you mean by “healthy”?

Not containing ten tons of sugar for example. Drinking 3L of coke per day probably isn't the healthiest thing ever.

Diet soda, low sugar cordials, adding fruit/herbs/etc to water
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Some time I substitute coconut water for plain water. Gives me some energy and tastes good too.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My mom has an infuser bottle where there is a section you can put fruits, any kind you like, and it infuses the flavor into you water. She loves it! I actually enjoy plain water 99% of the time, but some weeks I cycle in sparkling water (I like Bubly) and most days I have 1 can of cherry coke zero. My friend carries mio or crystal light with her to add to her water (and vodka on nights out).
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Iced tea. I really like jasmine, peach green, and Zen by Tazo (green +mint). Oh, Tazo makes a lemon pound cake tea that is amazing iced as well. Add four tea bags to pitcher of boiling water and brew 15-20min. You don’t need plain water.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Coffee, water with gas, diet soda
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I don’t like sparkling water, not even the flavored ones. Tastes like Alka Seltzer to me. I’ve tried them all, hoping to learn to like them. Ice water is pretty much my drink of choice, along with black coffee, diet pop, and iced tea.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    dukeingram wrote: »
    Water is your only option. Add ice.

Coke Zero Sugar served ice cold. Coffee. Decaf coffee. Diet root beer.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    merekins wrote: »
    Iced tea. I really like jasmine, peach green, and Zen by Tazo (green +mint). Oh, Tazo makes a lemon pound cake tea that is amazing iced as well. Add four tea bags to pitcher of boiling water and brew 15-20min. You don’t need plain water.

I've started mixing regular green tea with ginger and Zen. That is soooo goooood.