Diabetes NSV

ZoayZoay
ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
Went for my review yesterday, after a couple of months losing weight and exercising more. My HBA1C is better than for ages (at last in the "good control" range), my cholesterol is great and my blood pressure (without meds) is normal even for the strict diabetes criteria.

I'm very pleased as I feel like I'm getting somewhere at last instead of drifting ever worseward.

I eventually want shot of the diabetes altogether if possible - but all in good time I guess :)

Replies

• cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    That is awesome. I am/was a diabetic and I know for a fact that you can do it! Weight loss is the answer!
  • 44Dave
    44Dave Posts: 4
    The fear of diabetes is one of the main reasons I'm starting to diet. I don't currently have it, but I'm on my way to it.
    Thanks for a post like this!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    It is amazing how many diseases are created but being over weight! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Great success!!!
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Wow that is so great.
    I am diabetic also, I was diagnosed when I was thirty, post one baby & pre another. I am taking two kinds of insulin, as well as metformin. I get really frustrated with myself because I will crave all the wrong things. I will be really good for a little while then it hits me like a wall & I can't get enough of the bad stuff (chocolate, really high carb stuff), I will buy nut & dried fruit mixtures trying to be good but will eat like I am starving. I do see a dietician at the diabetes help center, but still feel like I am just digging myself a bigger hole. I know there is stuff that shouldn't be in my house but its easier said than done with my husband. I don't really like drinking pop because it just bloats me, I have bought Crystal Light packets but realized that I run to the bathroom alot after drinking it. I really do want to get healthy but my will power is too weak sometimes & I feel like I can't help but give in.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    I love it. concrete evidence that you are HEALTHIER. which is of course THE most important thing. Diabetes runs in my family, and I am hoping a big weight loss will help me to stay of that list!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!