Macros

Options
I'm struggling to maintain an 1800 cal diet with protein 50%, fat 30% and carbs 20%. Does anyone have an 1800 meal plan that hits those numbers or close to that?

Replies

• MicahClimbs
    MicahClimbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's really high protein and low carbs. Any specific reason you're going for that? That's 225g protein and only 90g carbs if I did the math right. Not generally recommended.
  • David7881
    David7881 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's really high protein and low carbs. Any specific reason you're going for that? That's 225g protein and only 90g carbs if I did the math right. Not generally recommended.

Thats about right. I've been reading on how to adjust my macros and what comes up the most for weight loss is that set up. Should I change it up? I'm trying to loss weight and avoid muscle mass loss. I do lift a mix of heavy and high rep weights.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting a minimum of 0.8grams of protein per pound of body weight you will be fine. 50% protein is overkill and can result in a very expensive food budget.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I'm also working my way into a deficit atm but I'm using a 50c/30p/20f macro split. I've done it before and it works just fine. As @Lillymoo01 said, as long as you're getting your minimum protein you'll be fine.
  • David7881
    David7881 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    I'm also working my way into a deficit atm but I'm using a 50c/30p/20f macro split. I've done it before and it works just fine. As @Lillymoo01 said, as long as you're getting your minimum protein you'll be fine.

I will take that in to account. Like @lillymoo01 it is a bit expensive. I'm going to switch it up
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options

By whom? Depending on weightloss/body comp goals that is a completely acceptable macro split. No detriment in eating more protein.

Just for me personally, I've been playing with macros to see how I function with different amounts based on the lifestyle I wish to keep. Short overview is Monday, Wednesday, Friday about 45 minutes total body lifting, Saturday intense cardio, Sunday light cardio. That has been my schedule for about 4 months. I've found a 45%p,30%f, 25%c works well for me. I tried a 50/30/20, but I didn't feel I had enough energy in my exercise.

Too each their own on that front.

For the hitting of calories on that breakdown (when I was on a 50/30/20) or really any macro goal imo it is best to meal prep. Lets you figure out everything ahead and know you are hitting your numbers. For instance this week I'm having:
    Curried pork tenderloin (w/bell peppers, onions, and enriched rice) for lunch
    and
    The bro meal of chicken/broc/rice for dinner.

You can supplement the bro meal with lots of different things to create a different flavor profile.

I have to supplement those meals with another protein shake or an extra egg or something, and you could easily add those to hit your numbers.

It sounds like you already know what you are doing and what your plan is, but here is sort of a beginners guide to the whole macro thing that I found useful when I was starting. It is a couple years old and the dude has a wicked accent, but you can understand it fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjxWqwoWTg