Walking

Just started walking exercise, instead of using the car,
So far today

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Well done, I also try to walk 4 to 5 times a day. Initially it was not that easy with 170 kg - 375 pounds on my back (and anywhere else...) Now, one year later with MFP, I have lost 32 kg (70 pounds) and can walk much longer distances and also a bit faster. However I have noticed that (some?) exercise is overvalued in terms of calories burned and I record half of the amount suggested. I also do water aerobics once a week - great for all the joints and ligaments, just floating about.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Excellent job. I love to walk. It's very satisfying.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2019
    I use Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's 2-3 x week. I love them on my days I don't go to Cycle-fit class. Keeps me from getting bored with one exercise. I usually do the 3 mile walk and the 1st 2 miles I use 3 lbs weights to add extra calorie burn. :smile:
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    I love walking for fitness. I take the dog and listen to an audio book. I feel like it's my escape from the world for a little bit. :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I love walking and generally do 20,000+ steps per day. I'd love to walk to work instead of driving, but I have too much to carry and I can't even think about how terrible my hair would look when I got there!