Hair Straighteners & the Gym

Options
WARNING: VANITY POST! Ok, I've put this post in the forum rather than a group as I'm sure there are also guys here that use hair straighteners who may be able to contribute. So here goes...

I've recently joined a new gym, which is a local leisure centre gym. This means that there are no mains plug sockets in the changing rooms. There are the 'built into the wall' style hair-dryers. These have the shaver points in them. There are no water sources in this area (for the electrically-technical).

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem? For instance, will a regular adapter (3pin to 2pin) work here? I have seen that there are portable/cordless/wireless straighteners available, but are they REALLY any good?

HELP! I'm looking to use the gym in the mornings before work, but I can't show up for work with awful hair! EEK!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cant you just turn up to work 10 minutes early and straighten your hair there?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Exactly, a couple girls I know do their mu and sometimes hair at work.
  • fujiko
    fujiko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just bought an adapter from shaver to normal plug, maybe they have them the other way around as well?
  • roadster_nic
    roadster_nic Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I did think of this but it's not ideal either - It's not appropriate where I work.
  • delilahsweet
    delilahsweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your gym?

I did think of this but it's not ideal either - It's not appropriate where I work.

Maybe change your gym?
    Okay, I suggest you not to bother with adapters because the wrong one might burn your tool. As for the portable straighteners I would recommend checking this article. I was working in a beauty store for a while and have seen a lot of such things. CHI and Babyliss products are my favorite, but these are pricey ones. The cheaper option here is one of Karmen straighteners. But they seem to have one flaw in common - the battery! It's barely 30-45 mins!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    @delilahsweet, OP hasn't posted in 5 years. Not sure she's still interested.

epvhcfc7axe8.gif

Lol how did this post even get started again? It's 5 years old and didn't have many responses.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We have shaver plugs in bathroom at home and I just bought a plug from amazon to plug straighteners in
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a shaver only plug before today. Okay yesterday, I read this thread yesterday. I'm not really sure the purpose of them? Are shavers somehow safer than other electric plug-in devices?
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Ah, UK and Europe with that weird 240V power. We can plug in all we want in the bathroom here in the US, all our appliances run on wimpy shaver-level power.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ah, UK and Europe with that weird 240V power. We can plug in all we want in the bathroom here in the US, all our appliances run on wimpy shaver-level power.

I could've sworn I remember seeing them here in the US, in older motels maybe.