Step counter.

Options
Does anybody have an accurate pedometer app on their phone that actually works? Most of the one's I've seen will count as steps even if you're sitting down just as long as you move your phone! Also it'd be a bonus if it counted cals burned also. Thks. 😃

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    No device will be completely accurate.

Any app is just software and will read the data provided by the built in hardware accelerometers.

And the calories burned are a rough estimate no matter what device you use.
  • mcdonaghloretta5
    mcdonaghloretta5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cheers, thks for that. 👍😊
  • wildredbill
    wildredbill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm an old guy who is smart phone illiterate. My grandchildren have not showed my how to use it yet. :-) Can't help you there.

I just have a Vivofit watch. It counts a lot of movement as steps. e.g. Last night I was making sourdough bread. All that motion of gathering ingredients, mixing, and kneading counted as steps. Hundreds of them. My wife has a garmin watch that counts steps also. We can walk the same distance but her watch will end up showing only about 60% of the steps my watch will show. Don't think our step lengths are much different either.

Most of my exercise is lap swimming. My swim watch really does not count my swim laps accurately. That's why I just use a ring lap counter that I have to trigger after every lap to be accurate. So with my ring counter it can show my total swim time, total laps, average lap time, fastest lap, and slowest lap very accurately. My ring only cost about $30 where my garmin swim watch cost over $200. So what's with that?

Bottom line, think echmain3 is right on target.