Please help!!!

Options
So I have been eating healthy for three weeks and exercising my *kitten* off for 2 and have been doing insanity every day plus treadmil and walking the dog on a daily basis. my weight is the same. i think its liw 2 pounds total for the whole 3 weeks. i dont get it and im starting to get discouraging. i have worked out less and lost more weight. my calories are under 1200. i dont plan on stoping but it sucks that im working so hard for nothing. i feel stronger but even my waiste line is mayeb an inch less bt I think Ikeep measuring in a diff spot :( any advice would be very helpful :) thank you for taking the time to read this lol.

how much muscle can you gain in what amount of time for it to make sense. i know muscle weighs more than fat...but..well, idk. i dont get it!! lol

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    hi I'm sorry you haven't been seeing results. I have read it takes a while to build muscle so I don't know if that's what's happening. However your muscles could be storing some excess fluid as it tends to do that after exercise and if you're constantly working out maybe your muscles haven't had a chance to recoup?
    Also I don't presume anything so please don't take it the wrong way but sometimes on here people honestly think they're eating fine but in reality their portions can be off from what they enter, or they might be eating too much of something like processed foods (even if they're at or under cal goals). Usually I wouldn't bring something like that up but if you're really not seeing any results then something has to be off, either with eating, or health conditions or something.
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I was feeling the same way. About a week ago someone posted on here about it. Something like: when you start a strenous new workout your muscles tear then retain water to help protect/rebulid themselves. So you may not lose, even gain for the first few weeks. Stick with it! Eventually it will pay off.
  • auroraopie
    Options
    Thanks :) As far as the food goes Im eatnig way healthier than was but I do not its ot 100%fresh food and some is processed food but the muscles retaining water...i havent heard of that one. I just started drinking like 3 cups of green tea a day or two ago to see if that will help. thanks for the support ;)