New to MFP and looking for some friends

Options
Hi my name is John. I recently had a medical scare where my doctor thought I had Congestive Heart Failure. But I am thankful that my doctor told me I have a clean bill of health!!

But I am now motivated to get serious about my heath and losing weight. I am looking for some buddies to help me stay motivated.

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP John - sent a friend's request
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My mother just started having heart problems a few weeks ago which really motivated me to want to get more healthy!! Welcome and good luck! I would love to be friends. :)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello John,
    Nice name by the way ( my hubby's name):blushing:
    i commend you for taking action now before you do have health
    issues, and eating unhealthy and being sedentary would insure
    that! I made a change in June after being told that I was borderline
    diabetic, no way was I letting that happen so i took matters into my
    own hands too and got serious with this.

I wish you much success in reaching all of your weightloss goals,
    feel free to add me for support and motivation, we'll be losers together!!! :wink:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Hello John and welcome!!

I had full on open heart to repair a faulty valve in my heart a year ago in April. Although I had not blockages or any other heart conditions, what I did go through was enough to change my eating and exercise habits. I can tell you that the changes I made has made a big difference in my day to day activity.

Even though you are not an official member if the "Zipper Heart Club" I will do what ever i can to prevent you from becoming a member. Trust me, that is a good thing.....

Friend request sent....
  • Jeliica
    Jeliica Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP!
    My doctors scared me because they thought I had a hole in my heart. So for weeks they had me running around doing numerous testings. Finally, it was a false alarm and I had a healthy heart. Now, I'm just losing the weight so I don't have to deal with this again!

Good luck to you!
  • cactusjon
    cactusjon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi John, friend request has been sent - good luck!