Best Meal Replacement/Protein Shakes

Options
So I'll try to keep this short. I'm a RN and I just switched to nights (10:30pm-7:00am). I love it as I am naturally a night owl but my whole timing for meals has been screwed up. When I worked mornings I usually had a breakfast bar or a piece of fruit as I'm not a big breakfast person and then I had a late lunch and a late dinner. Now I find myself snacking out of the vending machine all night. Anyways, I'd like to try a protein shake or a meal replacement to keep me from munching and was wondering what some of the best tasting ones are...preferably vanilla or chocolate as I am not a very big berry person.

And if you're gonna just tell me to pack a meal, I have to take my breaks on the floor during nights. (I'm the only nurse on my floor at night.) I hate walking away and having my food go lukewarm or soggy when somebody needs a pain pill. I just feel like a shake would be eaiser to enjoy.

Replies

• nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Best premade shake in my opinion is Premier Protein. 160 cals 30g protein 3g fiber almost no sugar. I love chocolate. I buy the 18 pack at Costco

• KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Personally I drink Orgain Clean Protein Shakes- I like that all the ingredients are organic and the milk is from grass fed cows. Its 140 cals- 10 carbs (7 net), 20 g protein. It keeps me full from 8 until noon!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like Eat the Bear Whey Protein Isolate. Walmart carries it. Really good, keeps me feeling full, and no stomach ache afterwards.