Intermittent Fasting- It works so well

Options
calabrdm
calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
Just wanted to share my story about 5:2 intermittent Fasting. I started January 1st... fasting for two 24 hour periods a week. I fast dinner to dinner.... only drinking water ... black tea... black coffee... then a five hundred calorie dinner on those two days a week. The first two weeks are a challenge and then ... it really takes off. I have lost 26 pounds from 161-135. I want to express that it has never been easy for me to lose weight. I have to weigh everything for the last ten years. THIS FASTING HAS BEEN AMAZING! MY JOINTS DON"T HURT... no more advil. And it really isn't THAT hard. Give it a shot... it is free. There is a guy on YOUTUBE DeLauder... he explains everything so well.

Good luck.

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It hasn't worked as well for me..LOL
    but I eat between 8-1..not hungry at all in the evening....
    helps w controlling binging/over eating...need start and cut off point..
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful @calabrdm, congratulations on your accomplishments. I'm a skilled IF practitioner and can fully-appreciate what you've accomplished because, for me, IF has helped me achieve my fitness, health and wellness goals.

Your testimony is remarkable. Please consider sharing it at our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP. Stop by and say hello and browse around. There's good content there constantly being updated. Here's where we are:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

Hope to see you soon, wishing you the best.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    congrats! I am an occasional IF. I almost always fast Friday/dinner to Saturday/dinner. And maybe Thursday/dinner to Friday/dinner if I work at home those days. I do have coffee though, with sugar and half and half, so I guess it isn't a true fast. :) But I'd like to incorporate a better IF routine as I wean off the sugar in the coffee. How far do you space your fast days?
  • calabrdm
    Options
    jenny
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    congrats! I am an occasional IF. I almost always fast Friday/dinner to Saturday/dinner. And maybe Thursday/dinner to Friday/dinner if I work at home those days. I do have coffee though, with sugar and half and half, so I guess it isn't a true fast. :) But I'd like to incorporate a better IF routine as I wean off the sugar in the coffee. How far do you space your fast days?

I space the days so that i after I eat dinner on Sunday ... I fast for 24 hours until Monday dinner and then Thursday night to Friday dinner.

• calabrdm
    Options
    That's wonderful @calabrdm, congratulations on your accomplishments. I'm a skilled IF practitioner and can fully-appreciate what you've accomplished because, for me, IF has helped me achieve my fitness, health and wellness goals.

Your testimony is remarkable. Please consider sharing it at our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP. Stop by and say hello and browse around. There's good content there constantly being updated. Here's where we are:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

Hope to see you soon, wishing you the best.

Yess .... I would love to enjoy the group. Thanks for the invite.
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So, just to be sure I'm interpreting this right: You fast for 2 days a week? Total fasting with no food, or "fasting" when you only eat 500 calories at dinner time. Kinda confused with the original post.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss! :D That's really a large feat. May I ask what exercises you did if any?

I am doing beachbody on demand .... but i have for ten years....the real change is the fasting.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    So, just to be sure I'm interpreting this right: You fast for 2 days a week? Total fasting with no food, or "fasting" when you only eat 500 calories at dinner time. Kinda confused with the original post.

Yes.... I completely do not eat for two twenty four hours a week.... no food ... no supplements... only water, black coffee and black tea...

Here's an example:
    *Sunday night ... Eat dinner... done dinner at 6 pm
    *Sunday 6 pm to Monday at 6pm.... only water... black coffee... green tea... black tea.. green tea... (supplements... and sweeteners will break your fast)
    Monday at 6 pm--- a 1/2 cup of bone broth.... then a 500 calorie meal mostly protein and fat

Tues- normal
    wed- normal
    *Thursday night ... Eat dinner... done dinner at 6 pm
    * THursday night 6 pm to Monday at 6pm.... only water... black coffee... green tea... black tea.. green tea... (supplements... and sweeteners will break your fast)
    * Friday at at 6 pm--- a 1/2 cup of bone broth.... then a 500 calorie meal mostly protein and fat
    *Saturday- normal

You can change you days or do lunch to lunch....etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVf3d0rqqY&t=289s

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!