Completely new here. Supportive friends?

Options
Hello.

I’m a little nervous. I’m completely new to My Fitness Pal. I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time since I was a teenager (I’m 27) and now I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. 340 lbs is how much I weigh and I’d be happy just to get down to 200 or 170! (I’m 5’7”)

My weight is hurting my liver. I’ve been told it’s not too late to turn it around and I’m ready to lose weight! I just need some encouragement and I’d gladly encourage others in a their journey as well. :)

Replies

• BurningSkies2018
    BurningSkies2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In a similar boat as yourself! Started changing things pretty drastically towards the beginning of April and was able to lose 16 lbs.

If you need an accountability partner or someone to chat with for motivation, feel free to give me a poke. I could always use extra motivation anyway!
  • EmsyMemsy
    EmsyMemsy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I added you, I think. I’m still trying to navigate this app. Lol But thanks for reaching out.
  • staceymole
    staceymole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im also happy to be a support network abd looking for new friends. Please feel free to add me
  • madirico1
    madirico1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new here too, and still trying to figure out how to work things like adding friends.
    EmsyMemsy and Staceymole, you can both add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    EmsyMemsy wrote: »
    Hello.

I’m a little nervous. I’m completely new to My Fitness Pal. I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time since I was a teenager (I’m 27) and now I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. 340 lbs is how much I weigh and I’d be happy just to get down to 200 or 170! (I’m 5’7”)

My weight is hurting my liver. I’ve been told it’s not too late to turn it around and I’m ready to lose weight! I just need some encouragement and I’d gladly encourage others in a their journey as well. :)

Encouragement and friends are great to have, this place is pretty cool. I've only been here 30 days, working to come down from 389 which was my starting weight. The tracking and portioning of your food should be a bit easier with the tracker on here its pretty straightforward and there are a lot of how to's around. Reversing a bad condition isn't exactly the easiest thing, but starting here you're on the way there. I'm working to reverse pre-diabetes and I'm damn determined to get to where I need to be.

While I can't vouch for everyone's method of tackling their weight management (we're all different!). I went into a program ran by my doctor's office and have several people looking after my vitals while I'm working through the beginning of my weight loss. I'm enjoying my time here, met some pretty cool peeps and I'm settling in. Welcome aboard, feel free to add me if you need some support or whatnot :)
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My dairy is always open so we can share recipes ideas please feel free to add!