Help! Doesnt seem to be working

Options
Hi all. New here and two weeks in. I have been strict about exercising and staying under my calories every day. I have only gone over twice in two weeks, yet I have not lost a single pound. Does it take a period of time to kick in?

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your accurate food diary log...as not all calories are created equal.

Welcome to the MFP community/family btw! Cheers!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Open your diary
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing.. looked for the food diary!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    just need to keep at it... watch your fat and sugar intake daily... hasn't happened for me as quick as I would like, but gotta stay on track, it WILL COME OFF
  • auroraopie
    Options
    im having the same problem. ive been counting calories, havent even gone over and been doing insanity for 10 days plus other workouts on top of that...havent lost a thing. im not giving up though and neither should u. ive been told itll be worth it in the long run which the sucky part is how long is the long run? hang in there :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It could be several factors:
    1) What you're eating isn't healthful, just low-calorie. You not only need to eat under calories, but it should be something good for you. Lean meats and veggies and fruit are really the best way to go.
    2) Your exercise intensity may not be what you think it is. Someone I knew logged they did a brisk pace walk when it was actually a leisurely pace by my standards. Be realistic about what you're logging.
    3) Your thyroid may be underactive. Get a blood test to make sure there isn't something chemical impeding your progress.
    4) You're going too far under your calorie goal. Consuming too few calories can slow your metabolism and cause your body to go into starvation mode, causing everything you eat to be converted to fat.
    5) You're trying to lose weight when you don't need to. I've seen several people on here trying to achieve unhealthy weight loss, going far under their required weight.
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    How much is your calorie deficit? It may be too high.

Listen to a podcast by Jillian Michaels called "Debunking the Plateau" In it, she talks about how weight loss for someone losing 100 lbs is VERY different from someone who has to lose 20-30 lbs. I hope it helps:

podcast #16:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jillian-michaels-show/id418368811