Loosing but from where!! Ugh

Options
I have been loosing since mid Feb. down 15 pounds, 173 to 158. I can’t tell where it’s coming from. My clothes fit a bit better but not what I thought 15 pounds would show. I guess I need to take measurements. Frustrated

Replies

• ANNVQ37
    ANNVQ37 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try to find a place that’s does body composition, they should have a machine called an InBody 570, This will show you exactly what your body is made of , muscle, water and fat👍. I use it once a month for my check ins
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss so far! Measurements are a great idea, but you can lose weight from anywhere - fingers, feet, face, head. Are your shoes a little loose, or rings and watches? or maybe a fitted hat sits differently on your head? The places where we most want to lose from, are often the last ones to go! Keep going and the changes will eventually reach the noticeable places.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Firstly, well done on losing 15 lbs in that timeframe !

I know the horse has bolted a bit, but take those measurements now ! I personally take more notice of measurements than I do the scale.

My starting point was super lardy and I lost 20lbs before anyone else noticed and another 10 before I could get my "skinny" jeans off without undoing them :). I now look in the mirror and notice the weight loss.

First lard to come off was off my back and neck - areas I am not sure are that noticeable. Oh, and then my feet and knees ! Perhaps you too have lost it in the more unexpected places ?

Take heart you've lost weight please - its such an achievement ! Take measurements today and then monitor them along with your weight.

Sounds like what you are doing is really working !
  • bmayhew32571
    bmayhew32571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can tell my face is thinner and my rings are looser. My clothes fit a bit better. I was hoping for better results with 15 down. How many pounds would it possibly take to make a clothing difference especially jeans
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can tell my face is thinner and my rings are looser. My clothes fit a bit better. I was hoping for better results with 15 down. How many pounds would it possibly take to make a clothing difference especially jeans

You've lost nearly 10% of your starting weight - I appreciate its not as visually dramatic as you had hoped. What you might not realise is that you rear view might have improved a lot, its just difficult for you to see.

To answer your question, it was 28lb for me but my starting point was rather higher.

I think you are doing great. x
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options

It's different for everyone. Some it's 10lbs, others it's 20lbs.
  • bmayhew32571
    bmayhew32571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I’m not giving up!! 15 more to go. I plan on going into maintenance around 145. I’m 5’6 and in my 40’s so that should be a good weight for me
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great job! It takes a lot of work and dedication to loose weight!

I lost 30 pounds last year and went from a size 12 to a size 6 so a size for every ten pounds. BUT I gained 10 back after a very stressful event so I started again and lost 11.5 which is only 1.5 pounds more. But since I included strength training this time around I went down to a 4 in some things because I lost inches. Everyone is different and you can’t just go by the scale. This has been hard for me to accept but my clothes don’t lie.

Keep up the great work!!

Candie
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Some years ago, I lost nearly 4 stone. I was a large size 24 (UK) when I started and a large size 22 (UK) after. I was furious. Only one dress size (and that wasnt across the board in every piece of clothing) for all that weight. (56lbs)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    It takes me 20-25 lbs to change a size. Some things don't change - I was a size medium at 170 and am still medium at 123. Most of the weight I lost was in my upper body. Bust, chest and back are skinny/bony. Stomach, thighs and calves - still large, though less than they were.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Some of us lose weight proportionally from everywhere, so it’s less dramatic.

ETA - the more you lose, the less # between sizes. For example it could be 10# to go from 12 to 10, and 5# to go from 6 to 4.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice changes in the mirror until I'd lost a significant amount of weight. I'd say a good 25-30kg (55 - 65lb). I definitely noticed clothing getting loser and kinda feeling a bit difference but couldn't see any changes in my body.

I think that comes down to familiarity. Changes are slow and I see myself every day so it's difficult to see it happening. I think it's also that fat is stored in loads of different places and not all of them are on the 'outside'. I think much of the fat I was losing was deeper, around my organs and therefore not something I'm going to notice in my shape.

• pandareads
    pandareads Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I hear ya. I’m down 25lbs as of today and no one has noticed. My pants are looser but I can tell a good chunk of weight came off my boobs. They went south, if you know what I mean.

Edited to add: I apologize for assuming your gender. You might not know what I mean.