Looking 4 someone w/Chronic Health Issues but Committed to Fitness!

Options
jenngee13
jenngee13 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hello, my name is Jenny, I have been battling chronic health issues, but I am looking for a fitness buddy, someone that understands chronic problems, but still is deeply interested in succeeding at dieting and getting fit! Looking to support each other with daily motivation for dieting, meal prepping, exercising...a real friend willing to succeed and not give up fitness goals! Please get in touch!
Jenny

Replies

• cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny. I'm Dakota. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee and left lumbar spine. The pain varies day to day (hour to hour). I don't meal prep but I walk daily (mostly anyways). Dm if you want :-)
  • jenngee13
    Options
    Hi Dakota! Im sorry about your struggle...last year I was diagnosed with chronic EBV and it is very difficult due to the great fatigue that causes...I am on my path of fighting it...but it’s difficult...however, I have gained weight since and I am very unhappy about it, I need to drop around 35lbs and get fit again...it has been a real struggle because of my chronic situation...I had a fitness coach, but I can’t hire one anymore because they obviously expect things from you that with this chronic fatigue, you can’t achieve...but I am desperate to drop the weight and see myself fit again...that’s why I think that someone with the same desire and similar struggles will be great if we can support each other in doing it. What are your fitness goals? 💐💐
  • jenngee13
    Options
    Anyone else with chronic health issues interested in getting fit looking for support?
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    HI Jenn! I have chronic pain and chronic illness. I log in daily, post my workouts, and try to motivate my friends! I also keep an open diary. Add me if you're interested!
  • lmazza1
    lmazza1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jenny — You can do this! I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS). I’m mostly mobile & get my steps in by pushing a 🛒 around stores. Feel free to add me.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Asthma, atopic dermatitis and a caregiver in burnout. Feel free to add me, I don’t log diet regularly but am open to messages. I use exercise as part of my self care routine and it helps immensely.
  • jenngee13
    Options
    Im adding you as a friend 👍🏻
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I just wanted to wave and say hello - I have CFS/ME and prioritising fitness and eating well has been super important to me for the past 4 years.

(My thinking is you can have a chronic health condition and be unfit and unhealthy in so many other ways too or have a chronic health problem and try and look after your body to maximise your chances of recovery/quality of life - but of course it has all sorts of extra challenges....in my case ranging from finding the right sustainable level /types of excercise given my condition to a real love of comfort eating ...and managing a long term illness is stressful, making comfort eating more tempting!)

I don’t ‘do’ mfp friends anymore - though am also open to messages - - and I do wish you all well.

All best
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I just wanted to wave and say hello - I have CFS/ME and prioritising fitness and eating well has been super important to me for the past 4 years.

(My thinking is you can have a chronic health condition and be unfit and unhealthy in so many other ways too or have a chronic health problem and try and look after your body to maximise your chances of recovery/quality of life - but of course it has all sorts of extra challenges....in my case ranging from finding the right sustainable level /types of excercise given my condition to a real love of comfort eating ...and managing a long term illness is stressful, making comfort eating more tempting!)

I don’t ‘do’ mfp friends anymore - though am also open to messages - - and I do wish you all well.

All best

I have CFS/ME
    Also struggled with mental health, with the medications given caused weight gain but thankfully off those and using CBT based therapies

It's difficult to balance out exercise. It definitely for me needs to be gentle exercise. I tried things like cycle fit.... I do cycle a lot at my own pace.HIIT bases exercises cause me to be floored for days after.

So trying to get back to healthy eating is my goal. Spent years back n forth between WW and SW, never quite had the balance to keep my energy levels.
  • rubyslipperss1
    rubyslipperss1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am battling Hashimoto's, sleep apnea, painful arthritis in both knees, shoulders and hands. I also have Autoimmune Hepatitis and Nonalcoholic Cirrhosis. Since my liver is damaged, I never really feel "good" anymore. The worst thing is that I am always tired and there is nothing I can do to help that. With the liver damage I can't take much for the arthritic pain. I take a day at a time.