I need some friends! :)

Options
rcb722
rcb722 Posts: 19 Member
Hi! I'm Rachel, I'm a just-turned-30 mom of 4 kids, ages 2-8. I have been using MFP for a while now, just haven't felt the need to find friends, but now I realize I need some accountability! I started running earlier this year and have done a handful of 5k's, 1 1/2 marathon, and did a full marathon in June (San Diego.) I did a month-long bootcamp, countless hours of Jillian Michaels, and am STILL weighing within 10 lbs of where I began. So frustrating.

Anyway, I have started to train again for another 1/2 marathon in November, and the last two weeks have been eating really well and have dropped a few pounds, so hopefully I'm on the right track with my eating. Time to start being more strict about tracking so I can really see where I'm lacking.

If you're interested in any similar things, I'd love to have a few friends to keep in touch with!

Replies

• Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Feel to add me. I'll be as supportive as I can.
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    I'm a runner too! I love it :) Haven't tackled the whole marathon yet, but have done a half! I too am struggling on getting past a plateau, but WE CAN DO IT! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'll message you to be a friend!!
    You sound like you're working hard on this!!
    We'll help you reach your goal.

Amanda
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me. I'll be as supportive as I can.
  • sthompson30
    sthompson30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Sara, I'm turning 30 in a couple of weeks and a mom of 1. I just started to use MFP, so I'm trying to get the hang of it. I have gained about 40 pounds since getting married in 2007 and having my son in 2009. I would like to get back to my pre-weddding weight (about 40 less). I plan on getting up early every morning to start working out on the elliptical, but I just haven't gotten up. :(

Anywho, I'm pretty competative, so I think adding some friends, will push me to get where I want to be.
  • Camey44
    Camey44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. New to MFP and could use the encouragement as well!
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Always looking for runner friends!
  • dubbz22
    dubbz22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All,

If you wouldnt mind I could use some friends too. My sister and I joined together after she had her second kid. She followed the guidelines and lost the weight. I sort of followed and didnt lose the weight. After seeing her recently, I am recommitted to doing this but she is too busy. I will accept any all friends.

Thanks
    Dwight
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as well. I started running this year too! Mostly 5k's. I am like you struggling to lose the last few. In my case its more like 15 or 20. Have been very frustrated as well . I'm even more than half way through the "Insanity" program. I know I've really toned up, but haven't lost lbs :( . I'm not giving up!!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I recently started running. I enjoy seeing other people posting about running and race training.
  • therrin611
    Options
    All:

Feel free to add me as well...I'm new to the site and love the support shown so far. I have lost 50 lbs and have about 30 more to go. I'm doing well sticking to my diet and exercise but knowing people are watching makes it that much easier to stick with. :)