Sneakers!

Options
My biggest issue is wearing sneakers at the gym. I have wide feet and a flat foot and they hurt like hell in normal sneakers, to the point where it's unbearable and I have to remove my sneakers and exercise with socks! Any good recommendations?

Replies

• KatherineVictoria
    Options
    You can get shoe inserts that might help!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Go to a specialty running store and have them do a gait analysis. It's free, and you're not obligated to buy any shoes, but that will give you a good idea of what your foot needs to feel good and what kind of shoes will work best.

Best of luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You might look at a different pair of shoes.

Another alternative is insoles. When I went to Roadrunner Sports for my gait analysis, one of the things they did was to determine my arch type. They'll be happy to sell you a set of insoles for your shoes which match your arch type while provide a more comfortable workout.

You might also try the Dr. Scholl's display I've seen in some stores which does basically the same thing to match you up to pair of their insoles.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    My husband has flat feet and he wears New Balance. He doesn't need to use inserts at all in them.
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    hmm
    i recommend reebok shoes they are soo good and feel soft on the feet

btw i wear converse sumtyms to da gym but it doesnt pain dat bad
  • ppayne2010
    Options
    Get some new balance men tennis I have a wide feet with high in step. They come in 4E and thats wide.
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am also flat footed I like the adidas zero's they have the lowest arch in them to still be able to be called a "running shoe". I love them!
  • iamrobyn
    iamrobyn Posts: 85
    Options
    I have been working out for about three weeks in my sketchers and know its time to get some more appropriate shoes. I went to the mall last night and tried on some new balance running shoes. My intention was to buy them but they were a $150.00 and I wasn't sure if they felt like they were supposed to as I had never really had a good pair of running shoes before. I suppose at 38 its about time that I know what a good pair of running shoes feels like.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,041 Member
    Options
    I don't have flat feet, but I definitely have the wide foot problem. My advice is pay for a really good pair of shoes -- give up on getting a great deal. I love my Asics!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for about three weeks in my sketchers and know its time to get some more appropriate shoes. I went to the mall last night and tried on some new balance running shoes. My intention was to buy them but they were a $150.00 and I wasn't sure if they felt like they were supposed to as I had never really had a good pair of running shoes before. I suppose at 38 its about time that I know what a good pair of running shoes feels like.

Get a gait analysis before you drop $150 on what could potentially be the wrong kind of shoe :) It'll save you trouble in the long run! Also, running stores will work with you to find the right shoe and accept returns - mall stores tend to not be as flexible, though not all of them are that way. :)