Vitamins! YEAH!!

Options
This is my first message board post so be kind..LOL I had to share this
I have tried vitamins several times over the past 20 years. I have bought the cheap mutli's at the grocery store up the expensive monthly auto ship packs that I thought were so much better, and really nothing ever changed. I thought I would feel better and maybe I did for a while, but it didn't last and I would stop and then start up again. I have even tried health food store's specialty vitamins that I "heard" I was deficient in and that's why I was tired all the time. But nothing has really made an impact until now.

Yet again I tried a new vitamin. I work at a mall and about 3 weeks ago I walked over to the GNC. They suggested the GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Active, I was skeptical of course, but I always feel the need to try to improve myself somehow, so I purchased a box. I felt better taking them but I wasn't really sure they were doing anything special until yesterday. I had school all day yesterday and I forgot to pack my vitamins with my lunch. BOY 'OL BOY did I feel it!! I have to say that I haven't been that exhausted in a while. I even had to take a short nap between my classes because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Well, to day I made sure to pack a few extras to take to work with me. I also noticed that I have been sleeping a lot better. I used to stay up late, because I was never tired. Then I have a difficult waking up in the morning. Now I am sleepy most nights around 11pm and am sleeping though the night. Waking up has been a whole lot easier too.

I just wanted to share. I hope this wasn't too much to post! Does anyone else experience this with any vitamins or suppliments? I have been trying to eat a lot healthier and be more active. I thought the food I was eating would give me the vitamins I hadn't been getting before. Opinions?

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LaLenea
    LaLenea Posts: 3
    Options
    My girlfriend said the same thing about those vitamins!!! I thought she was exaggerating though..lol. Maybe I'll have to try those :smile:
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I am not a GNC fan since I went there to get a post-workout recovery drink and they sold me a protein shake. this was before i educated myself on what needs to be in it and stuff like that. So i am glad to hear that maybe you had a more educated person. I take the Activit vitamins from Beachbody and I can feel a difference in my body. I feel like my body is complete and I dont miss a day but I went from the One a days and these are much better. Plus i take their Cal-mag and the Omega. I need all that b/c i work out every day and i do high impact stuff through Beachbody.
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....I have been drinking Shakeology shakes and I can feel the difference on days I don't have one. I will have to get some of those the next time I go to GNC!
  • tmfulk
    tmfulk Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome, I'll have to try those. Thanks!
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think most of us probably NEED to supplement with vitamins... our food isn't usually just picked and has had alot of the vitamins removed due to time & processing. Finding the RIGHT vitamin is key.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I use the generic for of the one a day active metabolism, when I finish these I think I am going to try those thanks for the info!
  • shele75
    shele75 Posts: 29
    Options
    My Dr. recommended b-6 and b-12 especially for energy/metabolism-they are working great!!
  • SummerLuvR
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone! Much appreciated :)
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/tonic_blend/people

"tonic blend" by Springtime was recommended to me by a Med Prof. when having thyroid issues.
    Seem to be great for LOTS of things. PURE and quality controlled. Does not make me feel sick. I can tell a diff. when I miss a day.

They also make pet supplements... My poor OLD dog is on them... he can run and play as long as I don't forget to give him his daily dose. I don't think he'd be apt to lie about feeling better. :wink:
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options

"tonic blend" by Springtime was recommended to me by a Med Prof. when having thyroid issues.
    Seem to be great for LOTS of things. PURE and quality controlled. Does not make me feel sick. I can tell a diff. when I miss a day.

They also make pet supplements... My poor OLD dog is on them... he can run and play as long as I don't forget to give him his daily dose. I don't think he'd be apt to lie about feeling better. :wink:

No joke, those vitamins added at least 4 years to my dogs life! My dog was in really awful shape (sick a lot, no energy), we definitely thought she was on her way out. My parents met a guy who had a German Shepherd that was 16 years old (pretty impressive for a GS) and he claimed it was those vitamins. So we started giving them to our dog and the change was seriously night and day. She had energy like she did when she was a puppy!

I didn't even realize they made vitamins for people, haha! I'm going to have to check them out!
  • SummerLuvR
    Options
    Thanks for this info! I have hypothyroid too. And my dog is getting older too! I never thought about giving him vitamins. I will have to check it out.

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    THANKS.I'LL CHECK THAT OUT,RED
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I've used and still have my GNC brand vitamins {that I got from the mall :} lol, but they are a good vitamin. I got the ones that have extra biotin and something else in them. very good supplement even though I do the exact same thing of being inconsistent sometimes.