Is this working? Recomp pics

Options
I've been in maintenance since December of last year and lifting weights since April of last year. I took six-month progress photos last October and lot had changed!

I updated my photos over the weekend and was sure a lot had changed again.... but after comparing the photos I'm not so sure. What do you think? Is this recomp thing working for me? Or should I be doing something else?

I've lifted consistently during this time, 3X/wk following NROLW program and then Strong Curves (current program). My goal has been to keep gaining muscle without gaining fat. My maintenance cals are around 1900-2000 and protein goal is 100g or more daily.

Before pics, Oct. 2018, 123lbs
After pics, Apr. 2019, 121lbs

71dpdz2l8bec.jpg
3ixx1x6a1kc2.jpg
wp9lkjv5vex5.jpg
hgw76s6t8yiu.jpg

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    It's working. Good job!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Way smaller!!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    You look a lot more compact---Congrats!
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Looking tighter. You've got very good muscle definition, the hard work is visible.
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look leaner and stronger, great inspiration!
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Whew, thanks! I'll keep at it. I'm probably my own worst critic.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, leaner and have definitely made progress. Recomp was hard for me since I am so used to seeing quicker progress to so I gave up after 3-4 months. Now I run bulk/cut cycles and when I compare my pre-bulk to post-cut there are very minor changes and you can hardly tell I did anything (aside from my weight being a bit higher)! So point is, whatever you do it takes time, results are slow and trusting the process is key. I say recomp is working for you, keep it up!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yes! Looking really great. I can see the difference. Your arms & shoulders are leaner & abdomen too.
  • Torxa
    Torxa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can really see the difference. Especially in the first two photos, look at your butt. It's much smaller and tighter in the second, even taking into consideration the different leggings. In pictures three and four, compare the armpits. Those are the most striking differences to me. Now excuse me while I die of shame for making such comments about another female's body...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Wow, I definitely see a HUGE difference! You look so much smaller/tighter and like you have a lot less body fat. Awesome job!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Big difference. Keep up the great work!
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Fantastic well done 👍
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yes I see a difference! You look great! I love your shorts btw :)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Great job, you own your results and destination.

I always like to size up the posterior chain and I see a noticeable difference in your before and after.

Keep marching forward!