Recibe Sharing

bwhess61
bwhess61 Posts: 2 Member
Is there a way to share a recipe with a friend who also has my fitness pal?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    If you log it in your diary, they can copy it to theirs, assuming they have access to your diary. Then it's in their recent foods, and they can log it to future meals.
  • gregc50
    gregc50 Posts: 47 Member
    So for example you can't see this recipe I created?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/98713175108973
  • lynn_glenmont
    gregcault wrote: »
    So for example you can't see this recipe I created?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/98713175108973

Nope. When I click on that, it takes me to my recipes.
  • gregc50
    Well that makes no sense, when you create a recipe you can "tweet" it. If nobody can see it on twitter then pointless.

The URL itself is not user specific, I would guess this is a bug.
  • lynn_glenmont
    gregcault wrote: »
    Well that makes no sense, when you create a recipe you can "tweet" it. If nobody can see it on twitter then pointless.

The URL itself is not user specific, I would guess this is a bug.

Cookies (not the yummy kind).

The URL for food diary is not user-specific either.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary

Not sure about tweeting a recipe, as I've never tried that. It could be creating a copy of the recipe with a hidden URL, or maybe if you've linked your MFP and Twitter accounts it automatically gives your followers access to your recipes as well as your diary? The latter seems like a bad idea, as your followers could then potentially edit or delete your recipes, I would think.
  • imirfanali
    imirfanali Posts: 1 Member
    1. Go to your Diary.
    2. Click on the meal that you have logged in your diary that you like to share
    3. When the details load up you will see a share icon on right side next to the title of your meal. Click on it
    4. This will open a small modal window from where you can text message the reciepe to anyone.

Note: these steps are for iPhone. Android steps may vary a bit but should be similar.

Hope it helps!
  • lynn_glenmont
    imirfanali wrote: »
    1. Go to your Diary.
    2. Click on the meal that you have logged in your diary that you like to share
    3. When the details load up you will see a share icon on right side next to the title of your meal. Click on it
    4. This will open a small modal window from where you can text message the reciepe to anyone.

Note: these steps are for iPhone. Android steps may vary a bit but should be similar.

Hope it helps!

Are you using MFP premium? I don't see anything on the Android app for sharing meals or recipes, but I'm using MFP basic (the free version).
  • gregc50
    imirfanali wrote: »

Yeah looks like I can text it on Iphone too, I suppose its something.
  • bwhess61
    bwhess61 Posts: 2 Member
    Either I cant share it from my diary because I'm using an android phone or maybe because I dont have the premium version. My guess is because I dont have the premium version. Oh well, thanks for your help!