Low carb and sugar

phyrofus
phyrofus Posts: 1 Member
I need help for lunch and dinner low carb n sugar. I'm diabetic 2 and I'm kinda of loss this pass year I loss my husband so I'm on and off just need. Boost thanks

Replies

• Spellize
    Spellize Posts: 6 Member
    My current favorite is a tuna salad. Its like making a tuna salad sandwich but instead of using bread, put it on a bed of lettuce. You can add as much lettuce as you want. Its very low carb and still filling.
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    edited May 2019
    slow cooker chicken (I use breasts), salsa, and cheddar cheese is one of my favorite, easy, low carb/low sugar. I usually make a big crock pot full and set it when I go to bed so all I have to do is put it in containers.
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    I also make a "breakfast" bake that I'll eat for any meal. Its not low fat or low sodium, but the bonus is the portions are HUGE and very satisfying. I either bake it in a 13x9 pan and cut it into 8 pieces or put it all in the crockpot for 8 hours.
    16 oz ground pork sausage
    18 large eggs
    8 ounces cheddar cheese
    8 ounces cream cheese
    3 ounces heavy whipping cream
    4 chopped any color bell peppers
    1 chopped onion

If you're doing it in the crockpot, just mix everything together and throw it in.
    If you're doing it in the oven:
    Brown off sausage, peppers, and onion. You don't have to do this, they'll just be a little crunchier in the bake.
    Add cream cheese to sausage, peppers and onions to get it nice and melty.
    Whisk eggs, cheese, and heavy whipping cream together.
    Put everything in a 13x9 pan. Give it a little mix up so everything is mixed and evenly dispersed in the pan.
    Bake at 475 for 30-40 minutes.

Its great hot or cold.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    I also make a "breakfast" bake that I'll eat for any meal. Its not low fat or low sodium, but the bonus is the portions are HUGE and very satisfying. I either bake it in a 13x9 pan and cut it into 8 pieces or put it all in the crockpot for 8 hours.
    16 oz ground pork sausage
    18 large eggs
    8 ounces cheddar cheese
    8 ounces cream cheese
    3 ounces heavy whipping cream
    4 chopped any color bell peppers
    1 chopped onion

If you're doing it in the crockpot, just mix everything together and throw it in.
    If you're doing it in the oven:
    Brown off sausage, peppers, and onion. You don't have to do this, they'll just be a little crunchier in the bake.
    Add cream cheese to sausage, peppers and onions to get it nice and melty.
    Whisk eggs, cheese, and heavy whipping cream together.
    Put everything in a 13x9 pan. Give it a little mix up so everything is mixed and evenly dispersed in the pan.
    Bake at 475 for 30-40 minutes.

Its great hot or cold.

Any idea of the calorie count?