I am miserable!

It is the middle of the night and I am unable to sleep. I'm not sure if it is the food that I ate or that stupid diet pill I took earlier today. My poor tummy hurts but I hope that I can remember this feeling to help keep me on track. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Di

Replies

• It is the middle of the night and I am unable to sleep. I'm not sure if it is the food that I ate or that stupid diet pill I took earlier today. My poor tummy hurts but I hope that I can remember this feeling to help keep me on track. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Di
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    I had the same exact issue when I tried diet pills last summer. I would assume (from my experience) that the diet pills may be causing the issue.

On a personal note, I don't trust any diet pills anymore. I'm an EMT as well as a hospital security officer, and I have seen what those diet pills can do to even people taking them the right way (even with physician's direction). Please be extremely careful with diet pills... Just some food for thought...
  • JODY
    JODY Posts: 7 Member
    i cannot take diet pills they build up in my system and make me so hypher i just want to jump right out of my skin. i would be up all night if i took diet pills. i suspect that is why you cant sleep
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Please stay away from the diet pills. IMO they are just a marketing tool to fool the public into thinking that dieting can ba a quick fix. It can't be.......and it is so bad for your body especially your heart. Stay on board with us and so many of us can help you do it the right way....portion control, watch your food intake, exercise and the company of others doing the same thing. Good luck and I wish you the best! :flowerforyou:

dd
  • Diet pills are a crock!! I actually lost 40lbs with diet pills and as soon as I stopped taking them I gained the weight back. When I tried taking them again I became so hyper it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I couldn't sleep, but I couldn't exercise either I couldn't take the extra stimulus.
    Just stick with a healthy eating plan and exercise, these have side effects that you can live with. I suggest using The Firm series, it makes you feel strong without bulking you up.
  • Awwww, I'm sorry you're miserable. I took some herbal pills for awhile and they drove me nuts...made me jittery and made my stomach upset...that was the end of that.

Stay with us and we'll help ya!!
    Hang in there and flush the pills girl!! you can do it!!!!

:flowerforyou:
    Nic
  • Flush those pills down the toilet! You can do this without them!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    I asked my doctor if she thought diet pills were a good idea. She basically said ABSOLUTELY NOT and really all they are is speed, and of course speed is going to keep you awake!
    Better to do it naturally with exercise and smart food choices.
  • I have a relative that lost a ton of weight taking phentermine(SP?). I tried to get 4 different doctors to perscribe it to me and none of them would.:mad: Each one said they were dangerous for your heart. :noway: Believe me it's very hard to see her shed pounds easily without exercising a bit but I know I am doing it the healthy way. :smile: Plus I am building muscle and toning my body. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    get rid of the diet pills. There is no fast miracle cure to loosing weight and most of those diet pills contain a lot of caffiene, which is probably what is keeping you up late at night. Eventually you are going to have to learn to control your eating habits if you want to loose and keep the weight off, believe me if there was an easier way I would probably take it too, but there isn't.
  • Has anyone ever taken Hoodia? Has it worked for you? If so, how much do you take?