Sausages - best low fat

Options
l_s_1
l_s_1 Posts: 5 Member
Can anyone in the UK recommend the best low fat sausages? Don't have an Iceland near me to get the slimming world ones.

Not 100% sure on quorn as never tried but dont want to go wasting money. Do they taste the same as meat sausages?

Thanks

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Sausages made from turkey or chicken are definitely lower fat than those made from pork, but I don't care for them. YMMV. We're having sausages, meatballs, and spaghetti for dinner tonight and I will have just a half sausage. That's my method for getting the sausage taste I like for less calories.

The meatballs are made from chicken, and those I find acceptable.
  • l_s_1
    Options
    I've never had chicken sausages, definitely one to try then. I suppose can only try and see.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    l_s_1 wrote: »
    I've never had chicken sausages, definitely one to try then. I suppose can only try and see.

Ya, my mom, brother, sister and her family all eat chicken/turkey sausages.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I dont love the Italian chicken sausage, but the apple chicken sausage from al fresco brand is really tasty. Im not sure if you can find it in the UK since Im stateside, but definitely worth a look.
  • moestavern
    moestavern Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Tesco do their own brand pork sausages. 50% reduced fat.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/252995167
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm really fussy about sausages and the best ones I've found are from Aldi, even my husband likes them.
    Also Hecks chicken italia are very nice indeed.
  • l_s_1
    Options
    There quite expensive heck sausages but I suppose if you want quality and low fat it's not gonna be cheap!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    l_s_1 wrote: »
    There quite expensive heck sausages but I suppose if you want quality and low fat it's not gonna be cheap!

I buy them when they're on offer, Aldi is our norm.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Asda used to do their own chicken sausages and chilli chicken sausages, however at my local one they stopped doing them, I dont know if they do them still elsewhere. I loved them
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    What the Heck sausages are nice, I too like the Italia Chicken ones, you can compare pricing at different shops and see when they are on offer using the app MySupermarket
  • zazu1956
    zazu1956 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aldi do it for me. Just made a batch of Lincolnshire at home for the first time in 4 years. Not fat free but a lot less than shop bought.
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Mallon sausages are low fat, don't know if you have them in UK, I'm across the pond in Ireland.