Tilapia Taco Recipe

Options
I just made the best fish tacos and they were sooooo good I couldn't help but share the recipe. I usually eyeball cooking so I will try and make measurements out of this.

4 Tilapia (or cod) fillets
Yellow corn tortillas
White cabbaged, shredded
2 avocados, cubed
1 orange, peeled and chunked
2 tbsp lime juice
Crushed red pepper
1/4 c chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
Lemon pepper
3-4 tbsp olive oil

Cut up fish into school eraser size rectangle pieces. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Sprinkle lemon pepper on fish and fry. Few minutes on each side, till fish is no longer translucent. Put 3 paper towels on a plate and once fish is done frying, put fish on the paper towels.

For salsa: take cubed avocado and chunked orange and mix. Add lime juice, salt, crushed pepper and cilantro to taste.

Put your tortilla, fish and salsa together and top with shredded cabbage and enjoy. Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    This sounds so good. I love tilapia... I love fish taco's. Well I am from San Diego I think I have too,
    But this will be great to try!!! Thanks for posting it.:bigsmile:

I have never heard of adding Orange to avocado...interesting.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy thanks for sharing
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    thanks for this. I was literally trying to figure out what to do with my talapia in the freezer. About to go grocery shopping so this is perfect timing!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The citrus sounds like a delicious addition :)
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i :heart: tilapia, this is so gonna happen!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, and i'm going to save the recipe. I eat tilapia twice a day and love it.

When buying my Tilapia I check where it is from. USA, South America, Europe are great Tilapia producers. I usually avoid Asian Tilapia thought. They tend to be farmed in densly populated pools and fed corn, and it seems this lowers the nutritional content of the fish.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    This sounds so yummy!

But I don't like avacado.. :( Any other topping ideas?
  • angkev2560
    Options
    Soooo crazy....I was planning on making fish tacos tonight for supper because we had Tilapia fillets for supper last night and I had leftovers! yay!
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It WAS so good that a day got named after it at my house: Taco Tuesday!

I would try any number of fruits to sub the orange out with. I was just in a citrusy mood but i'm sure mango, grapefruit or papaya would even work well.

Sounds like perfect timing for many of you so I really hope you enjoy it and go mmmm mmmm like I did!
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
  • mkupartist
    Options
    If you don't like avocado, I would try a mango salsa. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff but I really encourage you to check out some recipes online for it.
  • mkupartist
    Options
    Bump
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump! :smile: